Skip to main content

Ok, so I'm trying to buy disneyland tickets and the auction is for 4 tickets and it ends in about 24 hours.
I set Auction Sniper to bid up $300...

HOWEVER..the auction, which had no bids, was revised.
It was changed to 2 tickets and also got extended several days...So i figure it's over. I dont want those tickets...I found 4 elsewhere.

Well guess what? Auctionsniper bid for me on these tickets even thogh this auction was changed COMPLETELY...

That's ridiculous!!!!

Am I obligated to pay for 2 tickets i dont want or need?

I feel Auctionsniper screwed me on this one....

Thoughts?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
I feel Auctionsniper screwed me on this one....
What?!!! As did what it said it would, it placed a snipe on Auction X with amount Z exactly as you set it up. Yet you rock up here ranting that it's AS's fault!

Think again Noe - you cannot blame AS for what is sometimes a 'trick' used by some sellers to catch out snipers. AS cannot be expected to analyse each auction to see if the seller has made any major changes and the bid/snipe will go in whatever. The only way to avoid this is for YOU to place a low bid on an auction with zero bids so that the seller cannot make changes...

I suggest you go to the seller, cap in hand, and beg his/her indulgence but I wouldn't hold your breath!

R2
This was my first time ever using this service.
I didnt feel I needed to cancel the snipe since when i checked on ebay i no longer saw my auction for 4 tickets...the seller just had a bunch of listings for 2 tickets...so i figured it was cancelled.
I guess it's my bad....needless to say, i wont be using this service anymore.
Thanks for the input
You know guys, there are ways to help people without attacking them. One thing I really HATE about AS is the rude & nasty responses to everyones problems. It's been like this for years and I for one think you should find another way to deal with people's complaints. It's one of your ugliest features. You have a good product but your staff is nasty.
quote:
You know guys, there are ways to help people without attacking them. One thing I really HATE about AS is the rude & nasty responses to everyones problems. It's been like this for years and I for one think you should find another way to deal with people's complaints. It's one of your ugliest features. You have a good product but your staff is nasty.
Perhaps you have the misconception that these message boards are populated by AuctionSniper(AS) support people. So far, there have been NO replies in this thread from AS support staff, only from AS fellow users just like you and the OP. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there have only been 2 or 3 replies from AS staff on this message board so far this year.

If one wants to deal specifically with AS support on a specific matter or incident, one would need to click on the HELP tab and file a support case.

In this specific case, the OP apparently concludes THEIR mistake caused the problem, yet they won't use the AS service any more...
quote:
I guess it's my bad....needless to say, i wont be using this service anymore.
Exactly how would you suggest dealing with someone taking such an illogical position?!? If we WORKED for AS, it would make sense if we would try to convince the disgruntled individual in an effort to keep them as a customer. But since we are only customers like you and the OP, hey! -- No skin off our noses if you guys disappear and don't use AS any more! In fact, that would presumably mean AS resources would be LESS taxed and our OWN snipes would have a better chance of being processed EXACTLY as we schedule them! Wow! What a thought! Maybe R2, Rick, and my goal should be to tick off EVERYBODY ELSE into stop using AS and leaving so that we have OUR OWN PRIVATE sniping service!!
You're right about the staff Jet, but the forum members are just 'joe public' and can react in the same tone as the original poster because they have no need to be obsequious!

The original poster in this theme launched in looking for someone to blame and was met by a response by me (joe public) in a manner which was firm but accurate. At no point did the staff interject (they rarely do, I guess they don't care) so it was left to others. Noe still wanted to blame someone/something so met with a suitably defensive attitude by forum members.

It's their choice to post here, it's your choice to lurk here (that's not rude by the way) and it's everyone's right to have an opinion and express it here. The forum is separate from the product - AS obviously benefits from customers answering questions from other customers so it's here to stay.

R2
Not sure how one can help a person that blames a sniping service for placing their snipe. A little like someone that blames Jack Daniels for them killing someone while driving drunk.

quote:
Originally posted by JET:
They are either employees or they're people with NO LIFE.
I’m assuming JET isn’t an employee.

quote:
Originally posted by JET:
Why don't YOU not waste OUR time anymore.
"Our"?
quote:
People who are just snipers aren't going to be wasting their time watching forums with eagle eyes to attack anyone who has a complaint. They are either employees or they're people with NO LIFE. So, I don't buy it Jabbergah & R2.
Hmmm...did we just get called "liars or losers"?!?
quote:
Since one of you will have to have the last word, I'm ending now.
Was that a swan song for the forum, or just for this topic?
quote:
I wonder, were NOE and JET related?

R2

Easy there...u guys all have issues.

And you got me all wrong. I was NOT looking for someone to blame...I was looking to figure out what the heck happened.
I've been an ebay member for a long time and know how bids work...
And i admited in my second post that I did make the mistake...a costly one...since I assumed the auction i was trying to snipe had been canceled. Since, like i said, the amount of tickets was different and the price was WAY lower when i looked up the sellers auctions again.

and i still stand by what I said that I dont plan on continuing using this service....just my choice. I didnt like it.
But obviously Jabbergah does have a problem with that since he tried so hard to explain how he's NOT ticked off about it...
No need to get all bent about this..I'm alreday over it.

Have a good day guys..and sorry this whole thread got out of hand and off topic.
quote:
and i still stand by what I said that I dont plan on continuing using this service....just my choice. I didnt like it.
But obviously Jabbergah does have a problem with that since he tried so hard to explain how he's NOT ticked off about it...
No need to get all bent about this..I'm alreday over it.
HUH??!? Confused I'm not ticked, bent, and/or having a problem with whether you AND/OR Jet ever use AS or post to this forum again! Razz

Bub bye Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.