Skip to main content

I recieved this email from E-bay about the new feedback system that is going to implemented.

***Upcoming Changes to the Feedback System***

April 25, 2007 | 10:57AM PST/PT

Hi… this is Brian Burke again. In early March we introduced changes to the eBay Feedback system in eight pilot markets worldwide (Australia, Belgium, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Poland and the United Kingdom) [http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200703070938342.html?ssPageName=CMDV:AB]. During the past eight weeks we have evaluated the adoption rate, the impact on bidding and listing, and overall Community reaction in these markets.

Results have been positive. We're seeing a high adoption rate of the new features in Feedback, and there has been no negative impact to bidding and listing. I'm also pleased that, while some members in these communities were initially concerned about these changes, since the launch we've received an increasing number of positive comments, both from buyers and sellers.

Based on these results, today I'm pleased to announce that we will be launching these added features to the Feedback system on eBay.com and all other sites around the world during the week of April 30th 2007:

Detailed Seller Ratings – In addition to the current positive, negative or neutral comment, buyers will be able to rate their sellers on specific aspects of a transaction -- Item Description, Communication, Shipping time and Shipping & Handling Charges. Scores are based on a conventional 1 to 5 scale, with 1 being the lowest and 5 the being the highest rating. The average score for each rating will be displayed on the seller's Feedback Profile page.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmm...with separate specific rankings of item description, communication, shipping cost and timeliness, what will there be left to comment about???

Also, it appears you will be permitted to leave a contradictory FB i.e. select "Positive", yet leave ones (poors) for all the specific aspects of the transaction. This is an improvement???

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.