Skip to main content

Hi,

newbie here.
I'm currently shopping for a new sniping program because my current one cannot process ebay's adult items and came across AS.

Last night i tried the AS free snipes and it worked partially.
The first two went through smoothly but then the AS system couldn't find the third one.
And the fourth. And the fifth...

On the help page AS says they do process adult items although it get more and more difficult due to Ebay.

So what are you people experience?
Does or doesn't AS work on Ebay adult section?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know of any other bidding service that works in the mature audience of ebay other than AS.

For years, AS has worked smoothly in that area. About eight months ago, AS starting getting an intermittent problem when registering a snipe in the mature audience area. Sometimes the request takes. Other times the reply is that the item is not found. It then stays in a state where no items in the mature audience area are found. After some time (unknown and unpredictable), it changes state, and bids can be registered and the item is found. AS will then take a few more requests before hitting the item-not-found state again.

Sometimes it moves out of the item-not-found state within ten minutes. Sometimes it takes hours. I've had it take over ten requests smoothly before it hits the item-not-found state but mostly it's less than five.

The AS experience for registering snipes in the mature audience area is frustrating and not even close to the smooth experience AS gives for bidders in the rest of ebay.

I opened a support ticket on this a few months ago, and there was no progress made on getting it fixed.

Support said that the number of people using AS who bid in the mature audience area is too small for this problem to be important.

If a snipe for a mature audience item can be registered, AS is able to place the bid smoothly. I've never had any bids missed because the item is not found.

I've not found another tool that handles mature audience bids at all, so getting intermittent service is the best there is.

Does anyone know of alternatives for bidding in the mature audience area, and can say about how to find them? Posts here that refer to other sniping tools get removed, so if there are other options, post the answer in a way that is not direct so it does not get removed.
(“cogs slowly grind away” – p.s. send new cogs)

AND, to be somewhat open-minded, one should also consider that this could be something for his boyfriend or something for her girlfriend. It also need not be limited to something for just two people. There are all kinds of possibilities/combinations, but I think open-minded might stop if there’s any discussion about a Mature Audience section at PetSmart.
quote:

Has your snipe explanation page gotten you very many free referral snipes?

I doubt it. None that I know of.

I wrote it years ago in a different version and posted it as a link from an aboutMe page for another ebay ID. I got a few emails about it but no referrals. Later, AuctionSniper quit paying referrals so I don't now if the text got any interest.

A few months ago I updated it a bit and added it as a link in my signature when posting a few comments in the forum here under this ID, but I never got back to finish improvements on it.

This week when I posted to this thread I looked at it again and almost dropped the signature link. It's too long and wordy for current styles of communication.

What do you think? Should I cut it down, extend it, drop it, leave it alone? Did it entertain you? What works? What doesn't?

Does anyone care that eBay is a Sealed Bid auction and that sniping is the only way to submit a Sealed Bid efficiently?

Does Auction Sniper care about its unique feature of doing snipes in the mature audience area?

(To contribute to this thread, which is about this aspect, I'll add that I'm here visiting the forum to check if anyone else is experiencing lost snipes in the mature audience area. I've submitted a ticket reporting that some registered snipes in the mature audience area did not not execute. Counter to my comments above from a few days ago, I'm now seeing that every one of my registered snipes in the mature audience section are failing to execute. This is the first time this has happened. A few days ago, it seemed like it might be a server down that caused a snipe to not be executed, but now there is enough experience by me to not trust that AS can execute a snipe in the mature audience area.

Will AS accept this inability to execute bids in the mature audience area as the new product spec, or will AS consider their unique ability to support snipes in the mature audience area a key product spec and work toward having it work? It's a holiday weekend, so it's too early to tell. Support so far has given inconsistent and unclear responses.)
Hi Community,

While Auction Sniper has generally been an effective tool for sniping items listed in eBay's "Mature Audiences" categories, eBay made a significant change to the adult sign-in process last week that caused several problems with respect to such items. Among these problems are the inability to add snipes on these items, the inability of previously added snipes on these items to be executed, and the inability of the Import Wizard to import such items.

We released an update that we anticipated would resolve the problem yesterday afternoon but subsequent customer reports have revealed that fix didn't do the trick. Our technical team is going to continue investigating this matter and we hope to have a suitable resolution in place as soon as possible. I'll post again to this thread when additional information becomes available.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support team using by clicking the "File a Support Request" link at the bottom of our help page: http://www.auctionsniper.com/help.aspx

-Mike
quote:

Does Auction Sniper care about its unique feature of doing snipes in the mature audience area?
We are thinking of upping our 1% rate on adult items as we have to do considerably more work, for a tiny subset of users, which is why others don't snipe adult items. It also adds extra support, etc. That might help align the costs a bit more and give it a higher priority.
quote:
Originally posted by bye-stuff:
What do you think? Should I cut it down, extend it, drop it, leave it alone? Did it entertain you? What works? What doesn't?

Does anyone care that eBay is a Sealed Bid auction and that sniping is the only way to submit a Sealed Bid efficiently?

I enjoyed reading your explanation of eBay's version of Sealed Bid auctions and the relevance of sniping in order to level the playing field. I didn't find it too long or repetitive. To the contrary, I think it is an excellent digest and should be on the recommended, if not required, reading list for every new eBay member. New, as well as some old, AS members could benefit as well. Smile I would like to see you expand on the article if you have more information to offer. Thanks for a well-written article!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.