Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Delete all your cookies, switch your virus checker off, turn off the fire wall, delete My Documents and any file with a .dll suffix and then reboot your PC by switching it off at the mains in a thunderstorm whilst eating green custard with a metal spoon...

or

check the Remember Me box on the Sign In page.

R2 [obviously bored at work!]
Ahh - green custard - I thought it had to be pink - now we might get somewhere.

I don't want to check the "Remember me" box - surely that's to remember me across sessions. AS should know it has to remember me from one page to the next!

If I check "Remember Me", then whoever steals my laptop can access everything I have ever logged into.
Tony,

You might want to file a support request. If you don’t check “Remember me”, AS will do various squirrelly (such as sign you out) things, as it doesn’t remember you for very long. In the past, AS hasn’t considered this a bug, but filing a support request will get it to tech support, and will give you an “official” reply.

Support request:
http://support.auctionsniper.com/

P.S. You could also sign-out after signing in with a "Remember me". I "think" that will foil your laptop thief.
quote:
If I check "Remember Me", then whoever steals my laptop can access everything I have ever logged into.
A very pessimistic attitude. Of course one has to assume that the 'crim' would also be an ebayer and a sniper and that you'd forget to change your password(s) in the excitement.

I agree it's a nause tho'...

R2
quote:
Of course one has to assume that the 'crim' would also be an ebayer and a sniper and that you'd forget to change your password(s) in the excitement.
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong (I’m usually corrected even when I’m right), but not sure how much damage a laptop purloiner could accomplish. With checking “Remember me” and assuming you didn’t change your passwords after the heist, the prig could set up some snipes in AS, and bring up the items on your ebay watch page, but since AS doesn’t display your ebay password, I don’t think the pilferer could do much else. AS does display your email address, but, I’m not sure how much of a person’s identity could be filched with that. And, if that’s an issue, give AS a secondary email address.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.