Skip to main content

Caught you! Seriously, the recent discussion about recipies made me want to post this one.
We just had a surprise breakfast for one of the people who works here. Someone brought in the BEST scrambled eggs that I have ever had. The making is simple: eggs, cream cheese, and chopped chives. Make the eggs in your usual way and add the cream cheese and chives when you start to cook the eggs. That is all there is to it. The amount of cheese depends on your tastes. Enjoy.

Dave

"The waist is a terrible thing to mind."
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, I'm gonna chime in here ....

I won a cookbook from Better Homes & Gardens for this one. I'm giviing you the 'generic' recipe, so it shouldn't infringe since the recipe became 'theirs' when I won.....

Chocolate Mint Cookies
    Make the batter for your favorite chocolate chip cookie. Double the nuts and add as much chocolate mint liquor (walkers chocolate mint is good) as you can while still retaining a workable batter (up to 1/4 cup). Place by the handfulls onto the cookie sheet (6 fit on the big ones), turn the temp down by 25-50 degrees from what the recipe calls for and cook twice as long.

Several variations are possible ... peanut butter cookies with godiva chocolate liquor would be good Wink

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by bjones9942:
Ok, I'm gonna chime in here ....

I won a cookbook from Better Homes & Gardens for this one. I'm giviing you the 'generic' recipe, so it shouldn't infringe since the recipe became 'theirs' when I won.....

Actually, you can't copyright an individual recipe (but you can on register the collection of recipes in a cookbook), so it is still "yours".

See >>Copyright Office<< for full details.

Last edited {1}
Grizz -

quote:
However, where a recipe or formula is accompanied by substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, or when there is a combination of recipes, as in a cookbook, there may be a basis for copyright protection.

Directions are involved, and I signed a form Frown That doesn't mean I can't mention a close similarity of my original recipe to a book by Hemmingway Smile

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.