Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi kjhman,

Sorry about the confusion. The reason this erroneous message was returned is because eBay's sign-in servers were exhibiting some undesireable technical problems that caused many of our sign-in attempts to be rejected even though we were submitting the correct information. This problem appears to have lasted from about 6:48 PM PT to 8:55 PM PT last night.

When we are unable to sign-in, we automatically flag all of your snipes with the "WARNING - Your stored username or password might be incorrect!" message as a blatant reminder to the user to update this information in case his/her stored username and password are incorrect

Since your username and password stored within your Auction Sniper account match your current eBay information, your future snipes should be placed successfully without requiring you to do anything differently.

-Mike
quote:
When we are unable to sign-in, we automatically flag all of your snipes with the "WARNING - Your stored username or password might be incorrect!" message as a blatant reminder to the user to update this information in case his/her stored username and password are incorrect

Hmm, it's a shame only the AuctionSniper staff can understand this blatantly obscure warning and knew what was happening. It was not very helpful. I checked my username and password and knew they were OK but I believed AuctionSniper would then work correctly. This was not the case and I lost my auction because no bid was posted. Funny that because I was able to place a manual bid directly on eBay earlier on.

Plain English would have been nice. How about: "WARNING - please bid manually yourself as AuctionSniper is unable to login for you on eBay".

If your system noticed eBay wasn't letting it login to snipe, then why not send us an automated email warning us instead. At least that way we could have manually bid ourselves. After all, the whole point of us using AuctionSniper is for us not to be sitting at the computer 24/7 just in case, is it!

Please sort your warning messages/procedure out - it was so bad, Microsoft could have written it.

AuctionSniper used to be good. But now other sniper programs are winning auctions and beating us, as well as this balls up. Q) Are you going to improve things for us v.soon?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.