Skip to main content

Can anyway please tell me, I placed a snipe on an auction and it was removed by the SELLER before the auction ended what is that all about?? Can any one help, I got such a shock I couldnt believe it. I missed out all together on the auction as I was relying totally on the snipe, how do we know if a seller has removed it so we have time to place an auto bid on ebay instead. Thanks any help appreciated
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
Hmm - I wonder how a seller can remove a bid (a snipe is a bid on your behalf as if it was you) in the last few seconds. How do you know they 'removed' it - what reason was given? What is an 'auto bid'?

R2
When I received notification from Auctionsniper at the end of the auction the details stated auction sniper could NOT bid for you as it was stopped by the seller, I have used auctionsniper heaps and have never had it happen before, I placed NO bids only the auction sniper bid with a 6 sec closing time bid. Thank you for your reply Smile
quote:
Originally posted by region2:
Hmm - I wonder how a seller can remove a bid (a snipe is a bid on your behalf as if it was you) in the last few seconds. How do you know they 'removed' it - what reason was given? What is an 'auto bid'?

R2
When I received notification from Auctionsniper at the end of the auction the details stated auction sniper could NOT bid for you as it was stopped by the seller, I have used auctionsniper heaps and have never had it happen before, I placed NO bids only the auction sniper bid with a 6 sec closing time bid. Thank you for your reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
quote:
How do you know they 'removed' it -
I was confused, too. Confused Perhaps OP meant seller ended auction early?? Which could possibly be prevented (if item had no bids) by placing the opening bid on ebay?
When I received notification from Auctionsniper at the end of the auction the details stated auction sniper could NOT bid for you as it was stopped by the seller, I have used auctionsniper heaps and have never had it happen before, I placed NO bids only the auction sniper bid with a 6 sec closing time bid. Thank you for your reply
AS submits bids a few seconds before the SCHEDULED end of auction. There's no way a buyer could "cancel a bid" at that point. If the sale was ended early, when AS entered the bid, the auction was over.

An AS snipe is not entered until a few seconds before the scheduled End of Auction. That may be too late if the sale is ended early. OTOH, in that situation, it's likely that 1) something bad happened to the item while the auction was underway (lost, damaged, stolen), or 2) somebody just HAD to have the item and offered to pay an exhorbitant price if the seller would end the auction early and sell it to him.

In neither instance would a "normal" bid have kept the auction alive 'til the scheduled End of Auction. Sounds like your not winning the item had nothing to do with AS.

Tom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.