Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
AS ain't that clever
“Clever”? Why do you think it would be “clever” to try to increment up the bid? One, there’s the issue of time, in that in the last seconds of the auction there’s not any time to waste. Two, even if AS did nibble-up the bid, what difference would it make?

“Clever” is a very unclever way to classify it.
AS will bid $100, just as if it were you, and if there were no other bids and the high bid was indeed $50, then you would win for $51, according to eBay's bidding rules.

HOWEVER, just because the current high bid is $50, does NOT mean that this is the high bidder's max. You have no way of knowing what his maximum bid was; he may have bid $1000 for all you know. That is why you want to read up on eBay's proxy bidding system. Wink
quote:
R**k
I've become a 4-lettered word. With luck, I might even get to be referred to as "The R-word". I fairly sure "The R-word" hasn't been taken. I can see it now - in the future, when someone gets upset, they'll say, "Rick it!" Of course, there will be my favorite - "Rick you!".
quote:
I'm assuming that you are quoting R**k - please don't as I have set him to 'ignore' but that doesn't work with text within quotes!
I’ve been giving this a LOT of thought, and hopefully have come up with an additional option. In the unlikely event that someone (I think region2’s request only applies to Jabber, Dave, and Camera) feels that something I post is memorable enough to quote, it’s possible that region2’s problem isn’t so much that someone quoted me, but that he doesn’t know they quoted ME, and it’s not until region2 reads the quote that he realizes he should have ignored the quote, but by then, it’s too late to ignore what he’s already read (it sticks like Crazy Glue), which makes region2 rickin’ pissed. My suggestion, and this is ONLY a suggestion, is that in the future, include the “Originally posted by” phrase and put my ID in bold. This way, region2 will know right off that the quoted text is something that will be toxic to him, and will thus allow him to ignore it before the harmful side effects kick in. After all, the regular posters, who’ve come to love region2 as I have, should be willing to help him out in this difficult transition. Here’s an example of what I have in mind:
quote:
Originally posted by R**k:
(insert text to be quoted here)

p.s. Any word on assigning me a finger?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.