Skip to main content

I am just sick here.... I've waited more than three years for the item I was lusting after to appear on eBay, and when it did, I high tailed it over to Auction Sniper and placed my bid of $101 and some odd cents and sat back waiting to receive notification of my win. Just imagine my horror when I logged on to the eBay site to find that it had been won by someone else for a bid of $10.49 that was placed a full two minutes BEFORE my bid was scheduled. No notification that I had lost, no notice of any kind, no action of any kind of the part of Auction Sniper! Nothing at all. I checked all of my email filters and folders, NOTHING at all. Had there been any kind of notice that this site would not be placing my bid, even with notoriously slow dial up I would have been able to place my bid in time. I will definitely be shopping around for another sniping site, even though this one has served me fairly well in the past, I cannot and will not tolerate THIS behavior, if you all continue to allow it, IT WILL CONTINUE!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
Ouch - speak to support via help tab - don't worry if you cannot find it as some lame-arse will pop up in a second and provide the link thus proving that how stoopid he thinks you are...
Why is it that region2 NEVER realizes he’s the only that feels the need to respond to these advertising blitzes? Perhaps region2 takes them as some personal affront?

Hey Joe, how much for the girl?
quote:
Originally posted by toots2u:
I am just sick here.... I've waited more than three years for the item I was lusting after to appear on eBay, and when it did, I high tailed it over to Auction Sniper and placed my bid of $101 and some odd cents and sat back waiting to receive notification of my win. Just imagine my horror when I logged on to the eBay site to find that it had been won by someone else for a bid of $10.49 that was placed a full two minutes BEFORE my bid was scheduled. No notification that I had lost, no notice of any kind, no action of any kind of the part of Auction Sniper! Nothing at all. I checked all of my email filters and folders, NOTHING at all. Had there been any kind of notice that this site would not be placing my bid, even with notoriously slow dial up I would have been able to place my bid in time. I will definitely be shopping around for another sniping site, even though this one has served me fairly well in the past, I cannot and will not tolerate THIS behavior, if you all continue to allow it, IT WILL CONTINUE!!

Toots2u -

I am really sorry that you lost your snipe. I would like to look into your case to see what happened.

I know that eBay has been making a lot of unannounced changes lately which leaves us playing catch-up. We would like to identify if your issue was due to that or something else.

I would also like to offer you a few free snipes. I know that it may be of little comfort when you lost the special item you had been looking for but perhaps the free snipes might help you get something else special in the future.

Please send me a private message with your sniper username and the snipe information and we can get to work.

Thanks,
Cara
No guarantee of a win. And I agree that you'll almost certainly end up paying more, if you do win.

The guarantee is that your bid will be placed. That's the OP's gripe, that his bid wasn't placed.

Sniping a "must have" item is risky. There's that small chance that the bid won't be placed. Therefore, for "must have" items, my opinion is that proxy bidding should be used rather than AS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.