Skip to main content

I placed several snipes yesterday (29 Aug) for auctions ending today. On checking, this morning, one of the auctions had "Invalid Item" (or words to that effect) against it. I checked ebay and the auction looked fine and I placed an (ebay) bid on the item at its starting price without any problem. I cancelled the snipe and re-entered it with exactly the same data and the Invalid message disappeared. I'm concerned that if I had not spotted this, the snipe would not have been placed. I can't find another thread where a clearly valid item is marked as invalid - can someone please advise on what happened and is there any likelihood of it happening again? Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been having the exact same problem--just lost an auction I really wanted this morning because of it. I logged it with support also.

>>This item is no longer available!

I haven't seen that one yet from auctionsniper, but I *have* seen it repeatedly on ebay itself when after displaying search results on ebay, I click on an item. So I wonder now if the problem is an ebay database issue.
Been having these sorts of problems now for a week. In many ways, I'm glad it's happening to someone else because I was getting a bit fed up with the advice from AS to "clear cache and cookies". Support is now investigating and say it's something to do with recent eBay changes. No estimate on when it will be fixed though.
I was told last week that it would be fixed in a day or two, but am still experiencing it.

I've been seeing it this week with items that are listed on ebay-Germany. It is possible that they have fixed US/UK sites, but other national sites still have problems? If I log in directly to the ebay.de site, I can then see the items, but it won't let me bid on them. Trying to figure out a back-door way to get a bid in--presumably these auctions will be closing at cheap prices.
I have sniped a couple UK and French auctions in the past week, but for an attempted German snipe I received the response "Unable to preview item information. Confirm your item after adding your snipe." I have previously sniped German sites with AS and with another brand of sniper system (back when auction sniper was brand new and didn't work on German auctions--a long time ago). This is the first time I have seen this, although a search of this forum shows it has happened, and been fixed, before. It has apparently not yet been fixed this time, however, at least not yet.
quote:
Originally posted by wingandprop:
I have sniped a couple UK and French auctions in the past week, but for an attempted German snipe I received the response "Unable to preview item information. Confirm your item after adding your snipe." I have previously sniped German sites with AS and with another brand of sniper system (back when auction sniper was brand new and didn't work on German auctions--a long time ago). This is the first time I have seen this, although a search of this forum shows it has happened, and been fixed, before. It has apparently not yet been fixed this time, however, at least not yet.

I am having the same problem the past few days. I have not been able to place any snipes on German ebay anymore :-(
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. As many of you have pointed out, we have started to experience difficulties adding snipes on items which are only available on specific international eBay sites, such as eBay Germany and eBay France. Our technical team is currently working on a solution for this issue and we will have it resolved as soon as possible.

I will post further updates on this issue to this thread as additional information becomes available. If you need any further assistance in the mean time, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “Contact Support” option.

We apologize for the inconveniences this issue is causing.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Although we have still not deployed the changes we were working on to address this issue, eBay appears to have rolled back the changes which led to this behavior yesterday evening and we have not received any new reports of difficulties adding snipes on items listed on these international sites since that time.

If you encounter any similar problems moving forward, please contact our Customer Support team from the “Help” tab on our site and we will look into it further. At least for the moment, this no longer appears to be an issue.

-Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.