Skip to main content

We are seeing an unusually high number of eBay login failures which is causing 4-5% of our attempts to place a snipe to fail.

We are watching this situation closely, all indications are that the problem resides with the ebay login/sign-in servers.

As a result of this issue some customer are seeing a message in their Auction Sniper account that their credentials are incorrect when indeed they are correct. We are working to release a hotfix that will hopefully fix this issue.

We will keep you posted as to the problem with the ebay login / signin servers. We hope that it is resolved soon.

-Stephanie
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Update:

Our hotfix went live yesterday which has addressed the issue logging into the website and seeing an erroneous message that your user/password are incorrect. Based on this fix if you see the message at this point it's because we have indeed found it to be problematic.

Unfortunately we continue to see an unusually high number of invalid username or password messages returned from ebay when snipes are placed (4-5%). We are putting a workaround in place to try and reduce these failures today and are still working on a longterm fix.

We will keep you posted on our progress.

-Stephanie
Hi Dutchie,

Thank you for your post. I did some investigating into your issue and found that it was not related to the problem mentioned in this thread.

In order to use Auction Sniper to place bids on your behalf your Auction Sniper username and password must match exactly your ebay username and password. This is not currently the case for you, it appears that your Auction Sniper password does not match your ebay password. Please verify and correct this issue prior to placing your next snipe to ensure that we are able to successfully place the bid on your behalf.

I apologize you did not win your important item, we want nothing more than for you to win all auctions when you utilize Auction Sniper.

-Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your reply. There seems to be a strang problem then, because I am absolutely certain about my ebay login, and that I tried many times in vain to "correct" it in auctionsniper. I kept getting the error message that it wasnt a match.
I did use auctionsniper in the past succesfully. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Dutchie.
Hi lastditcheffort,

Seems you are having troubles and are frustrated, if you provide us with further information we'd be happy to assist you.

I reviewed your account and it appears that your Auction Sniper user/password don't match that of your ebay credentials. It is required that they match otherwise we are not able to place snipes on your behalf.

If you are having other issues please let us know. Otherwise simply updating your sniper credentials to match ebay should fix your issues.

-Stephanie
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Stephanie:
We are seeing an unusually high number of eBay login failures which is causing 4-5% of our attempts to place a snipe to fail.

We are watching this situation closely, all indications are that the problem resides with the ebay login/sign-in servers.

IT STILL ISN'T FIXED
As a result of this issue some customer are seeing a message in their Auction Sniper account that their credentials are incorrect when indeed they are correct. We are working to release a hotfix that will hopefully fix this issue.

We will keep you posted as to the problem with the ebay login / signin servers. We hope that it is resolved soon.

-Stephanie
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Stephanie:
Update:

Our hotfix went live yesterday which has addressed the issue logging into the website and seeing an erroneous message that your user/password are incorrect. Based on this fix if you see the message at this point it's because we have indeed found it to be problematic.

Unfortunately we continue to see an unusually high number of invalid username or password messages returned from ebay when snipes are placed (4-5%). We are putting a workaround in place to try and reduce these failures today and are still working on a longterm fix.

We will keep you posted on our progress.

PROGRESS? WHAT PROGRESS??? IT'S NOW THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER AND THE PROBLEM STILL ISN'T FIXED. THAT'S ONE HALL OF A WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS!!!!
-Stephanie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.