Skip to main content

I’m on https://auctionsniper.com/help/support/.
I’m clicking on the support icon, and all it does is refresh the page.

Oh, yea, it’s not able to confirm the new password with eBay.

Next time, before you solicit all of your customers to change their passwords,
You might just want to make damn sure the process is working properly.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi billyboy,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

Although we did encounter some technical difficulties last night and this morning which caused users to receive error messages when attempting to update their Auction Sniper passwords, the issue was resolved earlier today and I am not aware of any remaining issues which would explain why you are still unable to update your password at this time.

In order to update your Auction Sniper password to match your current eBay password, you should just need to do the following:

1) Mouse over the "My Snipes" tab and select the "Modify Account" option
2) Enter your new password in the "eBay password" and "confirm password" fields
3) Click the red "Save" button on the bottom of the page
4) Click the "Click Here" button under "Verify your eBay information" to make sure your details have been updated successfully

Also, while our support request form may not load when you go directly to the HTTPS link you provided, I believe it will most likely load successfully if you restart your browser and then navigate back to it by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “Contact Support” option.

I hope this helps!

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Mike D.:
Hi billyboy,

Although we did encounter some technical difficulties last night and this morning which caused users to receive error messages when attempting to update their Auction Sniper passwords, the issue was resolved earlier today and I am not aware of any remaining issues which would explain why you are still unable to update your password at this time.

In order to update your Auction Sniper password to match your current eBay password, you should just need to do the following:

4) Click the "Click Here" button under "Verify your eBay information" to make sure your details have been updated successfully

Also, while our support request form may not load when you go directly to the HTTPS link you provided, I believe it will most likely load successfully if you restart your browser and then navigate back to it by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “Contact Support” option.

I hope this helps!

-Mike
When I attempt to enter my eBay password in the "Modify Account" screen, I receive this message when I click on the Verify button:

Cannot verify your eBay login information
Your AS username and password must match exactly what eBay has. Please update your account by hitting the 'Modify Account' link at the top of the My Snipes page. If you have any further questions, please file a support case on the 'Help' tab.

I have confirmed both my eBay username and password several times and I receive the same message when clicking the verify button.

I decided to just go ahead and click on the "Save" button, and I received an "Invalid eBay username and password" message.

Please help.

Thanks
Hi Bluegrass Picker,

I just reviewed your Auction Sniper account and was able to confirm that your Auction Sniper credentials now match your eBay credentials, so it appears that you must have been able to successfully update your password since posting to this thread.

If you need any further assistance with this, however, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Mike D.:
Hi billyboy,

I hope this helps!

-Mike

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion, but get the same result. There is no "support" on the support page. The right side of the page is blank, where I am assuming there should be something.

I was able to get the eBay password changed and confirmed today. However, I noticed that the the number of dots that represent the hidden password correspond to the old password length. Maybe its just a coincidence, but when the number of dots matches the number of characters in my old password, and not my new password, its a little disconcerting.

Bill
Hi Bill,

I just reviewed your account and confirmed that you were indeed able to update your Auction Sniper password to match your current eBay password, so our software should be able to successfully place bids on your behalf at this point in time.

The dots you are referring to that show up as you are entering data into the "eBay Password" and "confirm Password" will only show up before the data has been saved, and should accurately represent the number of characters you have entered.

I am not sure you would see a different number of dots there (such as the number of characters in your old password), but it does not seem to have made a difference in this case.

As far as your difficulties loading the support request form are concerned, the next thing I recommend trying which may resolve that issue is to clear your browser cache and then restart your browser.

-Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.