Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Glad to see you are posting with us Shop! Hope you will become a regular. Smile

Hey, Ford, glad to know you can bake bread! LOL! Is that some kind of therapy? Wink...I did win one good auction. I have a few more hanging in there. Que je ne gagne-t-il pas, je peux compter probablement comme une bénédiction!

Last edited {1}
Hi Mrs. M.,
We'd probably all gain weight if we had to work in a bakery. Big Grin
Hello Samuraiblossom, glad to hear you won the auction! Rumor is that eBay was slow today, but it sounds like the snipes are going through OK. There haven't been any posts with frownie faces (or worse). Or if there have been some, I haven't noticed them. Smile
Hi Rick,
Yes, believe it or not, I just made potato bread! No sunflower seeds, though. I've used a lot of different flours. Sometimes I grind the wheat into flour myself, but that makes for a heavier bread. Potato flour isn't hard to make. You just dehydrate the potatoes and then grind them up in a flour grinder.
But then, I'm a strange person Eek and like to do lots of things the hard way. Like making my own yarn by spinning on a spinning wheel...baking bread....
Guess I'd better stop now, before someone sends the men with the white coats and straightjackets.... Eek Eek Eek

[This message was edited by fordfalcons on November 09, 2003 at 01:44 PM.]
Last edited {1}
Christine,

Sounds like you're a fiber person. I assume you knit, and perhaps do some weaving or crocheting? I've been told that spinners often are also bread-makers. Something about getting into the basics.

Working on your Masters and baking bread wouldn't appear to use the same side of the brain, so it probably gives each side some time off.
Sorry Rick, I didn't mean to ignore you. Hopefully the degree will be complete in 2 1/2 years. But a lot depends on classes and scheduling.
And yes--I like to work in fiber. I've spun wool, dog hair, and silk, and tried a few other things just for fun. Big Grin (Coconut hair fiber--or whatever that stuff on the outside of a coconut is called--doesn't spin very well. Eek) I have a loom and have been knitting since early grade school. But most of whatever gets spun usually ends up with someone who just has to have it. Oh, well. Big Grin Most of the fun is in the spinning, anyway.
Gotta go do some homework now. Have a great day, OK? Smile
--Christine
Looks like the welcome-wagon somehow missed you. Also, considering that you are nice enough to come into this topic, here's a couple of pixs for you:

P.S. If you don't already know, and want to post some pictures, click on the (to the right and below "Instant Graemlins" on posting page) and then paste in this link: http://www.wingnuttoons.com/jabbranim.gif

Good morning Shop. Wink
Last edited {1}
Shop,

Very good. Now, to get a picture's URL, right click on the picture, then click on "Properties", then select the "Address (URL)" and plunk it into the Image icon. If you get a displayed, its because you don't have the correct address, or the site won't let you post the pictures.

There's all kinds of sites for pictures. You can search on "cartoons", "clip art" and so on. Also, Google has an image search: http://images.google.com/advanced_image_search?hl=en

Also, the link should end in ".gif" or ".jpg".
Last edited {1}
Outstanding Jabber!

You're real close Shop. We've ALL burned up several posts to learn how to leave pictures. And, unoffically, this is the kind of topic where we learn to do this.

Don't forget, you can always use the change/delete icon ( ) to remove anything you don't like.

quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
to Rick for sharing his pic. posting secrets

basrah was the original teacher, so I like to give him the credit.

quote:
Hmm...now what do all those other click boxes do?

PLAY TIME.

quote:
Is there a limited length for the address?

Not that I know of, but there could be.

Hi Christine (aka fordfalcons).
Last edited {1}
Shop and Jabber,

(high five)

Another "trick" you can do is leave a picture as a signature like Lexie (aka Bartelby) and Mrs. M (aka Mrs. M). You'll see that in "My Pop" for this forum under "Profile" tab.

Hi Mrs. M. Sure was an exciting morning. Sorry you missed it, but at least it was a good surprise for you. I hope all is well, and I see your current temperature is 81 degrees. Have a great day.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.