Skip to main content

From a competitor's website:

Auctionsucker* offers a Bid Checkup feature, an automated e-mail sent at a specified time before the end of the auction to notify you of any potential problems with your pending snipe, but the real-world usefulness of the feature is limited since you probably won't be around when it arrives. Personally, I've found the Bid Checkup e-mail to be somewhat of a nuisance, as it merely means I get two e-mail messages notifying me of a failed snipe instead of just one. Fortunately, you can specify 0 (zero) in the Bid Checkup field to disable the feature.
*made up name

This might be of use - what do others think

R2
(forced to use said competitor because AS seem unable to delete my existing prematurely-fired AS snipe!)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No idea what R|ck just said/asked as I'm still ignoring him but I've done some further investigation on auctionsucker*. Their fees seem similar to AS's but they charge more for foreign currency auctions (eg. Pounds Sterling) which makes no sense to me as where's the extra work? And you don't pay as you go, you buy Bidpoints (R|ck opens new tab in Google!) which is interesting/different. No forums and no reply to my support request. Yet!

R2

*not its real name
quote:
Originally posted by TJ loves rhinos:
We all knew he was only pretending to ignore you, didn't we, eh?
I’m irresistible. It’s a curse I’ve had to live with all my life.

The bad news is I’ve gone from “R**k” to “R|ck” as I was so much happier as a 4-letter word. But the goods news is that a “|” takes longer to type then an “i” (if you don’t hunt’n peck).
Hi Lexie,

Nice to hear from you again. How are things?

Rick's been seriously moping. It was really, really sad. After R2 ignored him, he completely lost his way. Being sent to Coventry had a terrible effect upon him. The pathos of some of his replies was extremely sad - brought tears to my eyes. Couldn't stand all the "blubbing" so had to avoid the forum.

See the last message in this thread

quote:
It's been over 3 months! Doesn't seem that long. My - my, how time flies when you (me) are having fun.

No fun kicking a dog when he's down.

Hopefully we can all now get down to some seriously offensive remarks ... it's been a long while.

Paul
quote:
Originally posted by region2:
. . . so he's off my ignore list.
You’re missing an opportunity to make a fortune, region2. Instead of providing space on your ignore list gratuitously (analogous to a streetwalker “giving it away”), as you did with me, you should be selling, or at minimum leasing, ignore-list slots. I was very surprised (pleasantly) that you donated (supposedly) me a berth in that much sought after location. Had I known that such a thing was possible, I would have approached you several years ago and willingly paid any price for said residence – I still am.

You should also consider that while I was dwelling in that prime real estate (however temporary or illusory it was) rent-free, several forum members approached me with substantial offers to hire me as a consultant to advise them on how they might obtain similar occupancy. We’re still negotiating, but it would appear that these members are also highly motivated, and desperate, buyers/renters, and like me, are willing to pay any amount. Now, I, as a third party, can continue to siphoned this revenue away from your coffers, but a small advertisement in the “Items Wanted” (your favorite), or even the “eBay, General”, section of this forum will result in more business then you can handle (you’ll need to hire a staff).

Additionally, and here again I’ve been approached by a party interested in hiring my expertise, consider putting AuctionSniper on something similar to the forum’s ignore list. The savings to AS are staggering, and they are quite willing (TRUST ME!) to share a portion of that with you – we’re talking millions! Just the savings from reducing their support requests represents a sizeable amount. There’s also the savings from lowering their tech support turnover rate (always spikes after you start one of your sprees), and the support staff’s drug abuse and rehab expenses, that are currently skyrocketing, but would be basically eliminated, not to mention the psychiatric fees. And then there’s the added expense AS has to pay for workmen’s comp due to their having to check “Yes” for “Exposure to region2?” (it’s right between “Sarin Gas” and “Exposed Nuclear Reactor Core”).

You might also want to consider hiring yourself out as a “hired-gun” for an additional, perhaps even more profitable, revenue source but I may be getting ahead of myself.

Hopefully, with the above information, you’ll “at least” consider the discontinuation of giving away your talents, and turn them into a lucrative source of income. No need to thank me. If I’ve done you a service, and you feel a certain obligation, then reinstate me on your ignore list and I will consider myself generously compensated.
Hi Lexie

See what I mean?

Balance of mind seriously deranged.

Never thought that a period of isolation would do this much harm. I suppose periods of time in "solitary" can warp one's perceptions of reality.

Shame really, as a young lad he showed so much promise.

What can we do?

Perhaps a subscription for a course in Pelmanism?

R2 can I tap you for a donation?
(after all you must feel slightly guilty for this sad state of affairs.)

Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Camera:
R2 can I tap you for a donation?
Your first customer, region2! I told you a fortune was yours for the asking. Grant it, Paul wants you to loan him the fees, but considering it’s only been a couple of hours, that should prove this is one HOT idea I came up with.

Welcome In Advance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.