Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi! Welcome!

quote:
You use the check box when you want to use the 'cancel' or 'move to' buttons. Makes it easier than doing them one at a time

It really does! Specifically, the box is useful when you want to cancel several snipes at once. You'd checkmark the ones you want to cancel, then scroll up above your snipe list to the place that says "Checked items:" "Cancel", "Move To", (then a drop-down box that defaults to)"My Snipes". To cancel only one snipe, you can just use the "Cancel" button within the rectangle of that item, to the right by "Edit" and "Modify". You don't even need to check the little box on the left for that.

When the little checkmark box is REALLY useful is if you want to set up a folder or bid group for multiple shots at a similar item. You would go to "Manage Folder" or "Manage Bid Group" to the top right of your snipe list, click there, and then set up your group. (Go to Help for a tutorial on Bid Groups, and read around in the forum for tips. Very cool feature!) Anyway, once you set up a bid group, you could go back to your snipe list, checkmark the ones you want in that group, go up and select your bid group in the drop-down box, than click "Move To". It's easier to do than I've made it sound, but check out the tutorials and stuff first, because there are ways to mess it up, I've found.

Anyway, you're going to love Auction Sniper once you get the hang of it. Read up a bit on these forums.

We ought to have a little prepared speech we post to all newcomers that says -

Bid your MAX!!! Then leave it alone if you can.

Highest bidder, not last bidder, wins.

Bid odd amounts like $51.29 instead of $50.00.

Avoid bidding on ebay itself in most circumstances. Just stick with sniping.

Try an 8 second lead time - except for busy times like Sunday evenings and auctions ending on exact quarter-hours (like 6:00:00, 6:15:00, etc.)when you might need to use a longer lead time to compensate for ebay traffic jams.

You cannot delete or change any snipes in the last 3 minutes or so, because they are already locked and loaded by then.

Make sure you initially set up your Auction Sniper user ID and password to EXACTLY match what you have in ebay; otherwise, AS can't bid for you. If you ever change your info in ebay, change it here, too.

Refreshing your browser does NOT update prices on your Auction Sniper listing. It only updates the time. You have to click on the box that says "Update Prices" for that. (Top right above snipe list.)

If a snipe is ever jammed in ebay traffic and doesn't make it in in time, go to Help. There is a screen to report the item number for two free snipes.

You pay the snipe fee (or free snipe) for every auction you win, but not if you lose.

If you want to continue with Auction Sniper after you use your 3 initial free snipes, you need to go to "Modify Account" to set up a way to pay for future fees, either credit card or PayPal account. (It is safe.)

If you have items you are bidding on or watching on ebay itself, you can use the Import Wizard to move them into Auction Sniper. (This does not cancel bids already placed, of course, but you can set a higher snipe on an item you've already bid on manually, if you want to.) (Read the tutorial and forums on this.)

The "Snipe It Now" feature is really neat! It installs on your browser's links or bookmark bar, then lets you enter a snipe bid into Auction Sniper directly from an ebay item listing page. Super time-saver! (Read the tutorials and forum on this.)

The "Comment" section of the snip listing is useful for noting dimensions or other things you might want to remember.

If you run into problems, go to Help and file a support case and/or ask for help in the forums.

Have Fun!

(and some general ebay tips, not Auction sniper specific) -

Always read the listing carefully for what is and is not promised.

Especially check shipping and handling costs, seller feedback, and terms of payment.

NEVER answer an email that claims to be from ebay or PayPal asking for personal info like user ID, password, credit card, etc. The real ebay and PayPal don't do that. It's a scam.

Anyway, that's more than enough for now. Let us know how it goes.
Last edited {1}
bj - I'm sorry you have such a bad headache. That must be awful for you! I wonder if it is related to your back problems somehow.

I had noticed you hadn't been posting for a few days, but figured you had something more compelling in the way of work or social life to occupy your time.

Sorry to be so verbose! My post was not in any way meant to indict yours. I just know what a bozo I am figuring things out on the computer, so thought I would share what I might have liked to read when I started. I know I get too talkative when I write. The funny thing is I am not very chatty in person at all. My alter-ego emerges when I sit at the keyboard.

Call your doctor and say you want some serious drugs! Hope you feel better soon.
Littlebit ... you be as verbose as you want! Your response was excellent - I wish I had written it Smile

The headaches started a very long time ago, and my doctor refuses to give me anything that works! Codeine usually does the trick (I can get 222's [like tylenol 3's] in Canada), but this last headache has been a bugger Frown Every two or three years I have one like this; they usually go away after a week, and I'm almost at that point! Thursday I was at a Microsoft event. Two seminars that were very informative ... I now know more about Active Directory Services than I ever wanted (or will need) to know Wink They also covered patch management and MS Virtual PC - it was fun and gave me some pretty useful information (knowledge is power!). And, I got a t-shirt and some software too (free software - always a good thing)!

Smile

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'
My daughter suffers from migrains as do her children! It must be really terrible. I am very lucky as I don't have headaches nor have I ever had an earache. My daugher even did the botox treatment on her face and shoulders. It did nothing for her headaches, but sure made her look ten years younger! Big Grin

quote:
3 bottles of Red Wine give me a nasty head ache

I can't imagine why! Roll Eyes

Actually, I have the occasional glass of wine myself, and I heard somewhere that the key to preventing headaches when drinking alcohol is to also drink plenty of water. Hangovers are largely a function of dehydration.(Although with 3 bottles, it may be toxins from alcohol poisoning!)

Salut!
quote:
Originally posted by littlebit:
I heard somewhere that the key to preventing headaches when drinking alcohol is to also drink plenty of water. Hangovers are largely a function of dehydration.(Although with 3 bottles, it may be toxins from alcohol poisoning!)

Salut!

Another cause of headaches with red wine is the tannins in the wine. White wine doesn't have them, and doesn't cause headaches in those people susceptible to tannin headaches.

quote:
Another cause of headaches with red wine is the tannins in the wine. White wine doesn't have them, and doesn't cause headaches in those people susceptible to tannin headaches.

Thanks for the info! Now that you remind me, I do think I read that somewhere, but had forgotten.

I fancy a light white like pinot grigio for quaffing most times, but do like a good red with a hearty Italian meal or grilled beef. I'm not fond of beer, but if I drink one it needs to be a good dark one like Newcastle or Shiner Bock or our local Karl Strauss. I do like sherry, though.

Still, I indulge maybe once or twice a week, maybe once or twice a month, never too much. I read research that alcoholics tend to come from families where the parents are either alcoholics themselves, or are complete teetotalers. The kids grow up with no model for appropriate drinking.
And then there are those wonderful sulfites! No headache yesterday! Maybe it's over Roll Eyes.

Now that the codeine isn't working as well I might actually do what I've supposed to have been doing all along ... daily journal of what I eat and do, then compare to when I get a migraine. It was easy to skip it when I had a 'quick fix' available, but now I'm beginning to be motivated! It's wierd how the body changes over time - the migraines used to give me about 1/2 hour warning then blam! A couple of 222's and it'd be gone. Now I start with a normal headache that progresses over hours into a migraine. Aspirin/tylenol don't do a durned thing, and it's now taking about 6 222's (over several hours) to push it back to a normal headache.

I can leave the chocolate and red wine alone, but I have severe cravings for cheese Wink Hmmm ... migraine, cheese, migraine, cheese ... Frown

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'
quote:
I can leave the chocolate and red wine alone, but I have severe cravings for cheese Hmmm ... migraine, cheese, migraine, cheese

I hear you on this one. I don't crave chocolate like a lot of people seem to, and am just as happy with iced tea as with wine. BUT, crackers without brie? A roast beef or turkey sandwich without swiss? A philly cheese steak without provolone? No can do.

Keep the food diary. You might find out cheese doesn't set you off. That would be good news.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Bartelby:
Does that mean YOU are gonna join us again Shirley?? ?? ?? ? Razz

_Lexie_

Aww, Lexie, you know I still love you! But if I'm not here every day, it takes me so long to catch up that I don't have much time to post my usual witticisms... It's so hard to maintain my usual level of banality...

I really like this one:

Did you watch Survivor tonight? That's one of the developments the spoiler site spoiled for me. But even if it hadn't, one of those silly Entertainment This Minute shows spoiled it for me again, by announcing the night before what was going to happen. You know, it's one thing to stumble across a spoiler on a web-site -- it's another to have it hurled at you on live television! Grr... Some of us prefer to find out what's going to happen by WATCHING THE SHOW.

(apologies to all those non-Survivor fans out there...)

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.