Skip to main content

I recently changed my ebay account and so auctionsniper account.

I'd already registered the old account on mobile phone (Android 9.0) but when now I try to change to new account using:

More -> Information -> Username

I receive this message:

"Alert, To change your user ID and/or password, please visit the AuctionSniper.com website."

But nothing useful on website.

How I have to do to change my account on MOBILE?

Note: no troubles to change account on Web interface on Windows PC.
The problem is only on mobile!

Screenshot_20190301-100435

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Screenshot_20190301-100435: Alert
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Al, 

We're sorry to hear that you've run into difficulty with your account information on the mobile app.

You should need only make the changes on the website and ensure that you have logged out on the mobile app and then log back in to the app with the updated the information, both the website and the app use the same account, they are not separate products.

You continue to have difficulty after logging out of the mobile app and then logging back in with the new data, please try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it on your device.  If the difficulty persists at that point, please file a support case letting us know the issue, the make and model of your device and any other details around the issue so we can look into it further.

- Craig

Forgive me, I didn't explain myself.
I own a NEW second account on eBay.
From now on I want to shop only with this second account.
I have not deleted the first account, I just want to abandon it temporarily and use the second.
On the website all OK.
Just logout the first and login again with my new account.
On the APP does not work!
It forces me to use the first account, I can not unhook me from this!

Hello again,

Thanks for clarifying your difficulty.

it sounds like you are not actually logging out of the mobile app when you attempt to access your secondary account.  In order to access another account using the app you must actually logout of the app.

You can do this by tapping on the More icon "..." in the upper right.  There is an option on the Account section to Logout (username) which will completely log your account out of the app and then when you launch it again you will be able to log in to your secondary account.  

Note that even if you uninstall and reinstall the app but have not actually used this log out feature, the app will remain logged in to your initial account, so you must use the logout feature to change accounts.

If you run into further difficulty, please file a support case from under the Help tab of the website letting us know 

the issue, the make and model of your device and any other details around the issue so we can look into it further.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.