Skip to main content

Anyone know if there is a way to permanently mute the sounds that comes from Auction Sniper's advertisers? The great majority of their 3rd party ads have no sound, but a few times a day (or night) I hear a jarring advertisement blare through my stereo speakers. I've checked the MODIFY ACCOUNT > SOUND PREFERENCES but only see the option to turn notification sounds off, not advertiser sounds.

I don't want to have to turn my computer volume down for obvious reasons, and I don't want to repeatedly log out because I'd have to log back in too often. Any wisdom appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Odd, I never have heard any of these.

I just realized that maybe that is because I use Adblock+; it really works. I remember going to a linked site and it put up a message: "It appeared that you are using ad blocking software, please turn it off to access this site." Needless to say, I went elsewhere!
quote:
quote:
Odd, I never have heard any of these.

I just realized that maybe that is because I use Adblock+; it really works. I remember going to a linked site and it put up a message: "It appeared that you are using ad blocking software, please turn it off to access this site." Needless to say, I went elsewhere!

Hmm, in such case, I may need to use Adblock+ as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.