Skip to main content

I use to get notifications regarding my snips. The last notification was on 06/03/2017 but since then all notifications have stopped and that has resulted in loosing number of items that I had bids on. I have sent number of emails regarding this to support team but I have not had any replies or reasons to why the notifications have stopped. I have checked all folders and spam folder of my email box and there is no sign of any e mails from Auction Sniper.
I would appreciate any help regarding this matter.
Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello ginie012003-

I am sorry to hear that you have run into difficulty with notifications from our site. My first suggestion is that you ensure that your account has the appropriate current email address on it so the notifications are being sent accordingly. It looks like there was a response to your support case on 8/29/17 from our support team, but if your account has a different email address on file that you currently use, you may not have seen the email letting you know that the case had been updated.

Please log in to your account and select Modify Account from the My Snipes menu and you can check the email address on file with your account there and if there is a difference you can also update your account there to have the current email address on it.

If the email address is correct and you continue to encounter difficulty with snipe notifications, please feel free to file another support case or continue with the existing one letting us know a few examples of snipes where you have not received a notification that you should have so we can look into it further.

- Craig
Hi Graig
The email address on file is correct email address.I have checked the e mail address on the server and there has not been any e mail/ notification from Auction Sniper.
I did not receive the response to my support case on 8/29/17 either. It is very difficult to raise a support ticket as your site does not display pages correctly and parts are missing(like send button). It is clear that the problem lies with Auction Sniper side and I think this should be looked into. The origenal problem still exist and I do not receive any notification regarding my bids from Auction Sniper.

Thanks
Hello ginie012003 -

We are not aware of any difficulties on the site with the area to file a support case and the site appears as it should when I check the site or log in, so you may wish to clear the cache of the browser you use to see if that helps with that issue, or try using a different browser that you have not used to visit the site before to see if this provides you with a different view.

As for the notifications, I don't see any recent snipes in the account which appears to be yours (based on the username) and the account has not been logged into since 2013, so it seems as though you may have a second account.

If clearing your cache does not resolve the issue you've described with the display of the support case area of your account, please get a screenshot of the issue and send it to us at "screenshots@auctionsniper.com" and please be sure to include a reference to the username of the account where you are encountering this and the issue with notifications so we can look into it further.

- Craig
Hi Graig
Thanks for the info. My browser cashe clears when I close the browser.The notification use to go to my e mail address and all my e mails get downloaded to my computer without having to open my browser or having to go to my email box.I have checked all folders including spam folder and deleted items folder in my e mail box and on my computer and there is no recent notification from Auction Sniper. My Auction Sniper is linked to my eBay account and it uses eBay ID (ginie012007)and not ginie012003. My latest bid was for item: 322676277860 (08/31/2017), I lost that bid because bid was too low and I did not get any notification about it. I have sent a screen shot as you suggested.

Thanks
Hello ginie012003 -

Thanks for getting back to me and for sending along that screenshot. The additional information you've added here helps too.

So it looks like you have 2 accounts with us as I do find a different account with the user ID you've mentioned here.

I took a look at the snipe and bid history for item 322676277860 and find that your bid was viable for eBay until about 8 seconds prior to the end of Auction, and at that point we would not send an outbid notification since there would not be sufficient time for you to take action on it. So in that particular case I would not have expected such a notification to be sent.

As for support cases, I find no recent cases in our system for the account with username "ginie012007" - the most recent we've received was in August of 2015 for that account. There is a recent case regarding notifications from the account with username "ginie012003" which received a response within a few hours of our receiving it. As you are not seeing a notification regarding that, I've passed a message along to our engineers regarding this issue to have it checked into and they've taken a look to see that there may have been an issue which prevented some messages to Yahoo UK and have resolved it, so you should see notifications and response emails appropriately going forward.

As for what shows in your screenshot, I am unable to reproduce that effect in any of the browsers we support so it is unclear what may be causing that for you. It looks like you may be running some ad block type software in your browser and if so, I suggest that you update your settings in that browser plug in to consider Auction Sniper as safe, as well as any security software you may be running as there could be a conflict with that page being delivered in an iFrame. If you whitelist our site in both, this may resolve the issue with the support form displaying correctly. Please be sure to close out your browser entirely and then relaunch it after taking those steps before returning to the site.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.