Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Vince_7 -

Unfortunately, at this time, the Auction Sniper app is not available for download. The app, if installed, should continue to operate as it has been, but it is not available for download at this time. It is currently unclear when this may be resolved as the app as a whole is currently under review and I have no estimate on when that review will be complete or what the end result may entail. I will reply back to this thread as soon as more information regarding this situation becomes available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Craig
As of yesterday, The AS Mobile App on the iPhone does not work. Any word on when you might have an update? I logged in through Safari and my snipe failed because of eBay wanting verification, which I did not see until the auction was over. This seemed rather ridiculous since I have almost 1000 feedbacks with 100% positive comments.
Hello laperusa -

I am not certain what you refer to about the existing app not working - I was able to add a new snipe using the app so it is unclear what element you are encountering difficulty with. If you refer to the eBay requires account verification status of a snipe, that is unrelated to the app. It is the result of eBay making a request at log in that Auction Sniper was unable to work around - if you log in to your account on a full system and check the Confirmation page for the snipe, you should be able to see what eBay presented that prevented the bid from getting placed.

If that is not the only issue you have encountered with the app, or you would like us to take a look into a specific snipe, I would ask that you file a support case from under the Help tab of our site letting us know the details of what you are experiencing with the mobile app and your device or the snipe you refer to and we'll be happy to take a look into it.

- Craig
I do not remember the AS Mobile app taking me to your regular log-in page via Safari. I swear there was a different interface. Now it's the same page as I see when I enter your site on my computer. Everything is very very tiny on my iPhone so I have to enlarge it to get to the log-in. Then it stays super tiny for entering the item number. I'm using an iPhone 5 and just upgraded to iOS 8.3. Am I wrong? Did I just totally forget what the old interface looked like?
Hello laperusa -

the mobile app does not have the same log in page as the website does, you should be launching the app from it's icon and would not need a browser for using the app. When I launch the app at this time, it opens for me in the manner I am accustomed to - so it is unclear what may be occurring for you.

Please note that the app is not currently available for download, so you would not be able to attempt to reinstall it; at present the app is under review and I have no ETA on when more information may become available regarding that.

If you are attempting to launch the app from it's icon on your device and are not reaching the app log in page (not in a browser), I suggest that you file a support case with us from under the Help tab letting us know the details of what you are experiencing and we will take a look into it.

- Craig
Hello,

I have this app currently on my iphone 4s and it is working fine.

My question is now that the app is no longer available for download from the app store but I have it installed on my current iphone, how can I move the app to a new iphone without risking losing the app? Would a simple iTunes backup of my old phone and then restore backup to the new iphone do the trick?

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm holding off upgrading my phone unless I can be certain I can copy this app to the new phone!!!

Cheers,

Gramercy_Riffs

quote:
Originally posted by Craig A:
Hello Vince_7 -

Unfortunately, at this time, the Auction Sniper app is not available for download. The app, if installed, should continue to operate as it has been, but it is not available for download at this time. It is currently unclear when this may be resolved as the app as a whole is currently under review and I have no estimate on when that review will be complete or what the end result may entail. I will reply back to this thread as soon as more information regarding this situation becomes available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Craig
Hello Gramercy_riffs -

I am not entirely certain that what you have suggested would work - I believe that if you have the app backed up to your cloud storage you would then be able to move it over to your new device. As you mention that you are using an iPhone and shifting to a new iPhone, I would suggest that you contact Apple support regarding the cloud storage and shifting an existing app to an alternate device to ensure that this would operate as you intend as they should be able to provide you with the specific functionality their devices support.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.