Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by skatewhale:
Hi everyone,
I know you are probably thinking it’s just another spam,

10 out of 10 for deduction Big Grin
quote:

but this is true, I got my $20 today right in my paypal account. I could show you the receipt if you want. And you don’t have to spend any money to try it.

Its pretty simple, in order to be eligible you need to have at least a feedback score of 10 or be a member of ebay for 12 months, and you have to be a resident of the US or Canada with a working cell or house phone.

If you fit the requirements all you need to do is sign up on www..com and register a US/Canda cell or house phone number, enter and remember a 4 digit pin number, then put an item on your "Watch List" through the ebay website. Then it will load automatically onto your Watch List on the www..com, set the call to be enabled and 5 minutes before the close of the auction, unwiredbuyer will send you a text message and then call you.

You have to use your phone to bid on the item but you do not have to win. Your phone does not have to have access to the internet as you can use a house phone and the auction information is already downloaded into the unwiredbuyer database. When they called, they’ll ask you for the pin number first, then just follow the instructions to place a bid, its really simple.

You can also set a do not disturb period at night, so you wouldn’t have to get up at 3:00am to take a call for an auction that you don’t even consider buying.
I bid on an e-book on ebay, and got $20 in my Paypal account today, around a week from my initial bid.

Lol free money from the sky Wink just try it, there’s nothing to loose,
Again, the site is www..com

Good Luck, Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Nick

• Is there such a thing as a free lunch?
  • What or who is funding this supposed £20? Money, like energy, can not be created from thin air.
  • Would you have any connection, by any remote chance, with the above site? Wink

But you knew that, anyway.
PS - If you want someone to fall for cybersnakeoil, fewer typos might make it almost credible, but maybe not.
Last edited by snipersarab
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJosh:
Hi, New to the community part of AS. I also got the $20 plus a ball cap and another $5 or $10 for filling out a survey. So I don't thinks it's a scam. I used this service while I was out of town and it allowed me to bid without being at my computer. Geo

OK, maybe, but can no-one tell me where that $20 is actually coming from? No commercial enterprise just gives money away ad-lib.
I could do with a ball cap - mine went missing and I keep getting grease on my clothes off the tow bar. Eek
Now I may have an overly suspicious mind, but a recommendation by a person with a feedback of 1 for a poster with a feedback of 1 strikes me as bordering on the unlikely!

Well you'll certainly geta load of spam for a start!

It doesn't appear to be a scam or reports would be all over the internet now. It is a marketing ploy to get new members (they will get their $20 back off you in the long run - don't you worry - there is no such hing as a free lunch!)

Why the "newbee" posters keen for us to sign up? Well they get $10 for posting, if you click on their link!

Money again! If you come to my website, you'll get 10% off a certain photographic store (true) and I get 2% of the amount you spent! I do it to fund the web site, but I try and tell people the truth.

It would have been more honest if these posters had been upfront.

Paul
So I have only one post...now I have 2. I agree with whoever said it is a marketing ploy. It won't last forever but I'm glad I got to take advantage of it. And I'm not trying to get peeps to sign up. I simply made a comment that I thought it wasn't a scam. Geo

edited to add: I don't know about the spam because my spam goes directly into the bulk mail box and then to trash.
Apologies for maligning you GeoJosh - its just that we get so many "one hit" posters saying "Buy this, its wonderful"

I wouldn't mind if they then added "Do try it please, I need the $5 recommendation fee!"

Anyhow, I digress. Welcome to the forum.

Just join in - ignore the insults flying!

Rick gets a bit out of hand from time to time and I beat his 'ead in and restore some sort of order! (he really loves a bit of violence, his written English has improved no end!)

R2 is really very religious and is deeply offended by Mrs M's carefully chosen barbs at his Catholic upbringing.

Mike from Yorkshire isn't. He also is a bit "warped" in that he prefers some sort of odd French car with with a suspension system designed by a demented plumber.

Other than that, we get on fine!
Wink
Paul

Paul
quote:
Thank you Paul. I understand because I see it happen on a couple other boards I write on.

Now, what's this about someone from W. Yorkshire? I've been wanting to find an old friend from there. Any ideas on how to find her? My people searches do not help much.

LuAnn
aka Geo

Hi LuAnn
Here I am! My ID does rather give it away. Wink
Paul is probably right about me, but I am quite friendly, really! (Aside to Paul - the demented plumber's brother designed the Contax shutter Eek)
What do you know about your friend in West Yorks? Do you know any part of her address, even a town or city? If so, maybe one of my phone directories would help, but we'll take it from there.
Hi Mike

I was an exchange student in the summer of 1975. My family's name was Nichols and they lived on Duchy Ave in Bradford (bd95nd). Valerie is her name, I think she married a man named Paul and may have a couple children. Her brother's name is Andrew. Her dad used to have a butcher shop. As for Mum, I don't recall her first name. Val and I stayed in touch for a while but eventually time won. Thanks, LuAnn
LuAnn,

Why don't you sign on at Friends Re-united for the institution you studied at for that particular year. Somebody might remember you and more importantly, her.

I have waited three years for a result - finally this year my friend who emigrated to Canada signed on and we made contact.

You can also post "wanted information about" notices

Paul
quote:
I could get most Sunday's off at my boarding schoo

Snap R2!

We lived abroad, so eventually my parents were forced by a new government language policy (all studies became compulsory in Sinhalese) to send me to school in the UK.

On the face of it, the school was thoroughly respectable and in lovely surrounds. An Elizabethan House (once owned by Florence Nightingale) in Romsey.

In reality, the teaching standards were poor, bullying was endemic, and the prefects were sadists! The old house was unheated and froze in Winter.

You got punished for every small infringement of the rules by the Prefects. In the Summer, you rolled the Cricket pitch with a roller that was meant to be pulled by a tractor - if there weren't ten of you in the "punishment squad" then you really struggled. The Prefects used to deliberately limit the numbers booked!

In Winter, you crawled on hands and knees to pick up stones! Very civilised.

I escaped on Sundays to the comparative peace and quiet of a Sunday School run by a Mr Fryer in the town.

Eventually I ran away and just took the train home! However that is another tale!

As an odd footnote, my main tormentor (i.e the school bully) has signed on Friends Re-united and asked for old pals to contact him! I am tempted, but I don't really want to be done for assault at my age!

I also vowed never to send my children to a Private School & didn't!

Paul
quote:
Hi Mike

I was an exchange student in the summer of 1975. My family's name was Nichols and they lived on Duchy Ave in Bradford (bd95nd). Valerie is her name, I think she married a man named Paul and may have a couple children. Her brother's name is Andrew. Her dad used to have a butcher shop. As for Mum, I don't recall her first name. Val and I stayed in touch for a while but eventually time won. Thanks, LuAnn

Hi LuAnn
I have had a look through the Bradford phone book - there are two Nichols in BD9:

B Nichols 01274 492916 Alum Drive
D Nichols 01274 488182 Toller Lane

BD9 (Heaton) is quite a nice part of Bradford - in the Aire Valley, and quite hilly and wooded.
Is that of any use?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.