Skip to main content

Reply to "You Won! - Oops - I wasn't quite sure I wanted it."

Brett,

I hadn't noticed that IsnipeIT didn't work on adult items! With all those coins listed I guess that I just don't have much spare time to explore other areas of Ebay !

No, I received no responses, but I don't think that they are still selling it - They used to auction it on Ebay but the seller id they used has had no activity for 6 months or more - The site appears to still offer it, but I am not going to test the purchase cycle to see if it completes ;-)

I agree a once off payment suited me better, but getting in a late bid is sufficiently useful that I'll take it whatever way I can get it.

And so far AS appears to be doing the job - But I tend to bid at reasonably long lead times.

My overriding reason for sniping is that I just hated coming back to see that a reasonable proxy bid had been picked away at by someone - sometimes over several hours indicating that they went away and thought about it and then came back and had a few more goes. Sometimes beating me, but other times just making me pay more than I would have without their activity.

Deep down I think that Ebay and other auction sites operate in an incorrect manner which makes last second bidding in the manner that we do it effective. Giving their methods of operation I thing sniping is the right thing to do, but overall I would prefer if Ebay extended an auction so that it allways had a period of time after the last bid was received before closeing.

By the way, the 0 wins bid group appears to be operating ok - some slight anomalies in that the status goes to cancelled on some items which means that I have to re-add them when I want to put in a proper bid amount. And it is not possible to add an item directly to the 'watching' group - you have to add it to a valid group and move it to the 'watching' group.

John SL