Skip to main content

Reply to "You Won! - Oops - I wasn't quite sure I wanted it."

Thanks for the welcome, Jab.

I had though about the group idea, Rick, and I tried to do it but I got messed up and gave it up.

I'll try it again - more carefully.

Of course, I have to start with an item which I really want to win in order to 'expire' the group.

Having read the forums and seen the issue about people missing bids because they continued using a group after it had won up to its limit I did think that this was a possibility, but the biggest problem is that if most people see it as a bug then it may get 'fixed' so that either a group can't be added to once it has used up its win limit, or adding items will force the user to increase the linit by at least 1.

The 30 item limit is a problem for me - I collect Irish coins - hundreds/thousands are listed every week - I am interested in some as a buyer and in others just to see what they go for. With my old snipe tool I would put in a low snipe bid on many items on the basis that 'I'll be happy to buy that for $x or less' - and then I would put in a serious bid for very many fewer items which I really wanted.

I don't win many of the low snipe bid ones, but the ones I do win are good value.

It would not be unusual for me to have had 30 snipes lined up - even if a few were hopelessly low.

At the moment on AS I have about 12 - I only expect to win 1 or 2 and there is only 1 with a serious bid which I want - which I will use to seed the 'watch' group.

John.

John SL