Skip to main content

Reply to "YOU LET ME DOWN"

Hey Bill!
quote:
I have seen various recommendations regarding us sending out an e-mail during such situations. Unfortunately, this is not an option due to the length of time it takes to send out bulk e-mails to our customer base.
Understandable, but that isn't quite what was recommended. AS's ENTIRE customer base need not be contacted in such situations, only those with imminently pending snipes. The "bulk" e-mails could be batched by who has a pending snipe within the next 15 or 30 or 60 minutes (whichever increment results in a workable number for the bulk e-mailing). The next batch would be those who have a snipe scheduled in the next time increment, and etc. to some arbitrarily set advance time (maybe 4 - 6 hours out, or maybe this could be set when the routine is initiated). As each hour (or maybe time increment) passes without the problem being resolved, the next batch of customers with snipes scheduled 5-6 hours out would be e-mailed.

While I'm sure this isn't a quick piece of code to write, it would be a very useful little routine that could be called into use every time ebay makes a change that adversely affects the AS-ebay interface. Not only that, it would go a long way to sooth customers' ruffled feathers when there is an AS "outage" due to ebay changes.