Skip to main content

Reply to "YOU LET ME DOWN"

quote:
Or send an e-mail to people with pending snipes telling them to bid manually?
This actually is not a bad idea! Once AS support determines there is a problem with the ebay-AS link after an ebay software change, they could "flip a software switch" that would automaticly e-mail users with scheduled upcoming snipes, warn them of the problem, and encourage manual bidding/sniping. The DOWNSIDE (for the users) is that then the AS programmers could forget about fixing the problem until regular business hours the next day! Roll Eyes

I don't have a dog in this fight as I had no snipes affected by this recent outage. However, I DO realize the precarious position AS is in -- always having to RESPOND to software changes ebay makes without warning! Personally, I think the AS folks made a heroic effort ON A SUNDAY WHEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE OFF FROM WORK to get the AS software coping with the ebay changes.

Actually, it seems kind of odd ebay rolled in software changes on their busiest day of the week! It's almost as if they INTENDED to confound the various software services that work simbiotically with ebay!