Skip to main content

Reply to "Wow - welcome to totalitarian rule"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron DC:
Oh I don't know. Probably a small matter of you deleting my posts after insulting me?

Your memory is a bit off. After calling region2 an imbecile, your post was deleted, and I believe that was the topic that was closed.

My memory is very good. R2 called me a numpty (an insult). I responded with a run-down of the flaws in the current "It's not AS's fault" reasoning and concluded by calling him an imbecile. Then my post was deleted. ie my post was deleted after he insulted me.

quote:
Perhaps the moderator felt that your post had degenerated the thread into nothing more than . . . well, I’ll just leave it at “degenerated”.

Or perhaps the moderator felt my post was too close to the truth: after 7 years AS cannot read in a date properly from a webpage.

This technology is very simplistic: scrape some date / time information from a web page, then submit a post request with a username, password, then another with an item id and a dollar amount, at a set time. End of story. I'd put something together in a day, with another day or two of testing and then 2-3 days more to internationalise it.

With always-on Internet access now, AS's argument for a web-based server solution is looking pretty shaky.

To claim that Ebay's changing of their webpage absolves AS of all responsibility for placing so many early "snipes" is ludicrous, and shows a lack of care and technical ability.

A simple exception handling routine would detect that the date was invalid, allowing a human operator to check its format and inform the tech team asap of a problem.

As it was, they had numerous customers telling them something was wrong before they believed them.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron DC:
You should take a hike and let people express themselves.
But you’d rather not have someone else “express themselves” if they disagree with you?

As long as I have a right of reply, no problem. But when my replies are deleted, well, no, I'd rather not have their insults left undisturbed ... seems a little unfair.

quote:
I suspect you’ll label me “fanboy”. I don’t might being called that, but it’s rapidly becoming a cliché. It’s not that someone attempts an insult that does me in – I just wish they were a little creative.

Your turn - hurry before this topic is closed by Big Brother!

Closed, but not before deleting my reply, no doubt. As for fanboy, well if it smells like one and acts like one, you don't need to point out the blatantly obvious...