Skip to main content

Reply to "Won by only 3 seconds!! DAYUM!"

quote:
Didn't he sing, "Dang me, dang me, they oughtta get a rope and hang me!"?

Well originally this was sung by Roger Miller... a golden oldie from 1964. Same guy that sang King of the Road. Okay... so I'm dating myself now! I had 45s (probably passed on to me from my older sister) of King of the Road and Dang Me, and goddess knows what else - still may have in some box around here... hmmmmm sounds like something ELSE I could try selling on eBay!! lol

Dang me, dang me, they oughta take a rope and hang me. High from the highest tree-eee. Woman won't you weep for me? Doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo! Big Grin

And yes, Steve, the "diva" is for my singing! lalalalalala

And yayup, that IS Robin Williams... relevance unknown - did he sing Dang Me?

Guess my colloquialisms are showing. hehe So did you (Rick was it? - I can't remember who said what!) get "pink cigar," "outed," and hmmmmm what was the other one?... oh "nick"... did you get em figured out?

No one named that musical I made reference to by quoting a song from it: "I enjoy being a girl." Yet Rick knows "Dang Me?" lol

I think "dag" is kinda cute, as long as it isn't something disgusting in Aussie talk. But I'll change my signature to "diva."

Ok... I know I'm missing responding to someone or something! Good morning (evening) to whomever extended greetings... was that BJT?

Sad to hear John Ritter died... so young... heart attack at 55! And Johnny Cash at 71! I had one of HIS 45s somewhere... guess which one!!?

Ok... I'm rambling again... I'm good at that... back to work (whatever that is...). I've got Yahoo instant messenger running, if anyone wants to pop on and say hi... ID is dagnabitgrabit!

Laters all!

Dag