Skip to main content

Reply to "Won by 1p - Are AuctionSniper.com putting in fake bids ?"

I’d thought you might enjoy expanding the conspiracy. At this point I’d also take a long/hard look at R2 - I’ve ALWAYS been suspicious of him. (If you’re not laughing at this point, or just a grin, then all is lost)

Based on R2’s figures, Bidder 4 only increased the price by £18.01 (200.01 less 182.00). Do you REALLY think AS would be playing games (aka shilling) so as to increase their profit by 18p? Either you’re the only user and all this (service, forum, et al) is to get that 18p, OR not.

I know – 18p times 1 million snipes/users starts to add up. Only problem with that – even a random selection of a million Yanks would net AT LEAST a few people (one, maybe two) that would spot the fraud (work with me on this - I’m being optimistic with my compatriots).

Grant it – Bidder 4 doesn’t have much bidding experience on ebay. That’s probably why they bid (aka bidded/bade/bidden) an even £200.

You won by 1p – it usually doesn’t get any sweeter for a sniper (other then a tie, but that requires that the snipe gets placed before another sniper’s snipe).