Skip to main content

Reply to "WHO AGREES WITH ME? SHOULD NPB's be allowed to have 3 strikes?"

I really don't like a the feedback rating system. I mean, does it really work? Think of it like this: you win the widget, you pay pretty quick (less than a week), and 1) it takes two weeks for the item to get there, 2) it's shipped Priority Mail, and 3) it looks like a third grader packaged it.

In other words, if they used Priority Mail (2-3 days) they really didn't ship it that soon after you paid (if you get it two weeks later). Also, what about the bad packaging?

BUT, the truth is, the seller would STILL get a positive!

Also consider this: who really uses neutrals? I've probably seen 12 neutrals (total) since I've been on Ebay. No one uses them; therefore they are useless.

I propose a GRADING system: A,B,C,D,F. The grade could be selected by the feedback-giver and a comment could also be left. This would allow for a MUCH more realistic rating system. The grades would mean the following:

A - Excellent. Top-Notch Transaction.
B - Very Good. Timely Pay, Delivery, good packaging, etc.
C - Average. Took 7 days to pay, 2 weeks to deliver, packaging was so-so.
D - Poor. Paid, delivered really late, had to continually bug for payment, shipment, etc.

This is just a start, but you see where I'm going with it.

My concern is this. Everyone (including me) is so AFRAID to leave negative or even neutral feedback that the feedback does not accurately portray the seller/buyer. The feedback basically becomes of "transaction counter."

What do you guys think?

Give your opinion in the poll below.