Skip to main content

Reply to "WHO AGREES WITH ME? SHOULD NPB's be allowed to have 3 strikes?"

I've noticed sellers with high feedbacks scamming people. I've been through www.businessweek.com last month and read an article about a powerseller on ebay who sells collectibles which hes been doing since 1997. He is currently missing after a major scam. He only delivered goods to those who used online payment modes. Hes reported missing after stealing an amount of $400,000 US Dollars.

Like what most people think about paypal, its not really 100% reliable. They do claim to say that they have seller and buyer's protection but I wonder why Ive not been eligible when I got scammed by a seller. I bought a DVD player from him and paid him $379 and gave my paypal confirmed address for delivery. Its been 3 months now and I still don't hear from him. I do get pissed when i think about that dude and whenever I write to him, I get one reply "Please provide more info". Now, I've emailed him with the paypal transaction number, screen shot of my transfer from my paypal account, Auction Number and Details, My shipping Address, Phone Number, Date Of Payment, Date Of End of Auction, EVERYTHING and its the same mail I get from him. I've never got my positive feedback after making the payment. He used to email me promptly till I made the payment.That dude has something like 1000+ feedbacks whereas I only have 60 feedbacks. If i leave him a negative, Im sure he would do the same for me. And Obviously, his feedbacks would convince anyone.

I wrote to paypal and they never did anything and right now, I have my account restricted for what I don't know. $500 of my personal funds are blocked there and my bank balance has gone to negative due to which I cannot list an auction since I was making the payment via Online Check rather than credit card since I don't have one of my own.

Ebay can be a great place if everyone were doing COD/Escrow or similar mode of payment. But I guess, everything has its ups n downs. I decided never to buy anything expensive from ebay. Im only buying Audio CDs from ebay. I've lost way too much of money. The only reason why I trusted most of these sellers are cause of their feedbacks that are over 100 times of mine.

How many of you have visited www.paypalwarning.com?