Skip to main content

Reply to "What was this guy up to?"

quote:
And, sure tis the season for togetherness, peace, etc. etc..
Good point! If only it wasn't seasonal, but ongoing. Although, a season is better than no reason.

It must be kind of a drag being in a war with people that don’t celebrate X-mas. They won’t stop shooting long enough to drink any eggnog.

Has anyone but me thrown out this season’s poinsettias? Does anyone ever save them? They must grow wild in the landfills. Does anyone water them on the day they throw them out? I’ve heard they are poisonous to cats, but I’ve also heard that’s not true. I’ve never disliked, or not liked, a cat enough to test the theory. I doubt that it’s true, unless it’s a conspiracy organized by dog owners.

It would be great if someone started a poinsettia adoption/rescue service. On December 26th, those of us that don’t save their poinsettia-gifts (their has to be one or two people that actually do save them), could take/ship them to some location. There, poinsettia lovers (their has to be one or two people that actually do love them beyond Dec 25th) would return them to full health. The poinsettias would be given great treatment for the next 11 months, and then returned to their owners. The owner could give the same poinsettia to last year’s poinsettia giver(s), or put the rehabilitated poinsettia next to the other poinsettias that the owner will surely be getting. I wonder how many poinsettias get to see more than one X-mas? I wonder if poinsettias understand that once the gifts are opened, they will be occupying the same space as the old gift-wrapping paper? At least they will be next to a familiar X-mas tree.

FYI – In case it’s not obvious, whatever you do, don’t put me on your poinsettia gift list. Just send me a jar of poison.