Skip to main content

Reply to "What's Your Opinion ?"

Puppy posted:
quote:
...the exact item is rare, but the type of item is common, and often draws snipers.

Umm...so would you consider it a common rare item or a rare common item? Wink LOL! Big Grin

Since this item has a uniqueness, doesn't show up that often on ebay, it definitely should be considered a "rare" item and competitive bidding expected.

#1) I would e-mail seller#1 to see if he'll share what reserve is. Maybe will, maybe won't, but won't know if don't ask. Useful piece of info to have. If current proxy bid is over reserve, nevermind!

#2) Since there are 20-30 bidders circling 2 items, whether you bid in 1st auction or not, the upward price pressure in the 2nd auction will be present. I would guess the final price in the second auction may have a good chance of being higher than in the first. I say, like the others, bid in both auctions.

#3) Proxy bidding. Tend to agree with others - avoid. UNLESS you want to try to "establish a pattern"! i.e. nibble a couple times in the FIRST auction before finally sniping. Then if you don't win the first auction, DON'T nibble in the second auction -- ONLY snipe! That way, your competitive bidders in the 2nd auction may think you've gone away since you didn't nibble on the 2nd auction like you did on the first. If you ONLY snipe the first auction & lose, they'll KNOW you're in the game for the 2nd, no matter what!...Or am I OVER-STRATEGIZING here? Wink

#4) Is this the item you missed out on in November, with the seller cancelling auction? My guess the reserve auction might be that seller relisting? Confused

#5) Don't keep us in suspense! Eek Let us know how it turns out. Smile

Jabbergah                                                    
Last edited {1}