Skip to main content

Reply to "What's going on / really annoyed"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by hazmat:
If they have to resort to censorship . . .
(assuming our definitions of “free market” aren’t as inconsistent as “censorship”).

censorship:

counterintelligence achieved by banning or deleting any information of value to the enemy

to censor:
to examine (as a publication or film) in order to suppress or delete any contents considered objectionable

The definition of censorship is correct as is my use of the word.

In regards to what is a "free market" a free market means one not influenced by outside sources. In this case if AS decided to remove the comments, that would be w/in their control and w/in the market. However, doing so would only add credence to the claim that they can't compete in the marketplace based on the performance of their product.

Like I said, if they decide that they product cannot meet the needs of the community based on it's performance and thus they need to try to hide the competition, that tells me it's a company I don't want to support anymore.

BTW, it'd be pretty stupid for them to try to hide the competition because it's only one window away. It'd be much better if they just fixed the product. Until they do, they need to remove the claim of "Ultra-reliability through state-of-the-art technology!" on the front page.