Skip to main content

Reply to "What's going on / really annoyed"

Hey bye-stuff, pleased to hear your logging a support request. Shame that AS are so silent about it, there was clearly something wrong.

I guess I'm more burned because I'm very new to AS and this was the first one I'd done where my bid was above what the item went for (obviously don't know whether i would have won it though). I'm a veteran ebayer but have always done it the hard way, setting my alarm so that i go online, opening a couple of windows and refreshing and putting a bid in in the closing seconds. AS seemed brilliant and I heard about it from a guy who bought something from me, stealing it from a couple of nibblers in the closing seconds. I complimented him on his technique and he told me about AS.

So here I am, and have done a couple of bids with it that weren't high enough to win but it worked well, and then this problem. Given that I haven't had success with it, I just feel like going back to the old way, which, while time consuming, relied on nothing but myself.

But you reckon it is generally good? Maybe I'll give it another chance. What would be good though is if AS isn't working right that it doesn't look like everything is ok.