Skip to main content

Reply to "Weird multiple bid strategy?"

I thought the bids were manual since the time between most bids were NOT the same ranging from 2 to 6 seconds. At the $110 bid there was a 10 second increment and at the $205 & 215 bids a 14 second increment? (Time enough to take a swig of soda or beer? Judging by the bid rate, maybe an energy drink?! LOL!)

The activity has me confused, since the bid flurry occurred only 2 hours after the listing was posted and 9 days BEFORE the end of the auction. It would make more sense at the end of the auction.

The ONE thing that occurred to me as a possible explanation was that this was a MANUAL SNIPER practicing and refining his technique! Being able to manually place multiple 3-digit bids regularly and consistently only 2-4 seconds apart would be a vital skill for a manual sniper! Something I don't think I could or want to achieve! I'll just stick w/AS for my sniping (although one time I did manage to win an auction with a manual snipe that was registered by ebay the very SAME second the auction ended!? While I'd like to say this accomplishment was a reflection of my exceptional sniping prowess, it was more like dumb luck to be honest!)