Skip to main content

Reply to "VIRUS ALERT!!!!"

aobuluz - thanks for the lesson - there was me thinking that I knew stuff but it turns out I don't know nuffink! Razz

A quick search of the web reveals this posting elsewhere by someone with the same ID:
quote:
Hello.

I am the founder of Hackarmy. We have continued with our distributed denial of service attack on the bnp website and will not cease untill the hosting companys terminates the account. I read over the information posted on the bnp's website and had a good laugh. No we are not a terrorist organisation and no we are not affiliated with Al Quida.
Back to the story - Viruses tend to act in similar ways and virus checkers tend to spot these actions and flag them as suspicious. Likewise, if your virus checking software is kept current and you open a dodgy zip file then it will be detected by a virus checker. I say again - keep your system up-to-date and there would be no need to forward on Virus Alert emails unnecessary. That said, opening attachments from people you don't know should be avoided... just in case!
R2