Skip to main content

Reply to "Two new tabs: Wins & Searches"

and this from Support when asked in 2007 when Searches were going to be fixed:
quote:
I‘m afraid I don‘t have a solid answer to that question. We will be addressing this issue some time in the future, however, I do not have a good idea when this development will take place at present. We deliberately built this feature into the Auction Sniper website so we certainly understand its utility but, unfortunately, resolving this problem falls pretty low on the priority list in the overall scheme of things.

If I had to guess, I‘m not even sure I could say with confidence that this "bug" would be fixed in the next six months. Searches are certainly an important part of the Auction Sniper website, however, it is only a very small percentage of searches that are adverseley affected so the user impact is actually very low. We develop and maintain a plethora of different websites that divert our organization‘s focus away from Auction Sniper and, unfortunately, Auction Sniper issues that are not integral to the automated bidding process tend to be depriortized and take a considerable amount of time to address.

In summation, our development team will be addressing this issue in the future but it will likely be a great deal of time, most likely several months, before it is corrected. Therefore, in the mean time, when you have a search that isn‘t behaving as expected in Auction Sniper, I recommend conducting that search using eBay‘s search tools.

I realize this is probably not what you wanted to hear but my I hope you appreciate my intent to provide you with the most accurate response possible, even when that response doesn‘t entail a set ETA. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don‘t hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Michael Davies
Customer Support Manager