Skip to main content

Reply to "Track number of bids in the Snipe Window?"

"I have a feeling this happens more with snipers that deal in smaller markets where one sees the same handful of competitors. This might also be for items that cost more, or are collectables."

This is my area of bidding. I typically bid on somewhat expensive, rare antiques and collectibles, and the arena is pretty small comparatively.
I usually recognize many of the bidders and have even conversed with them online about our interests.
With antiques, the item is not always listed correctly, so you may have to get creative about searching for what you are looking for.
If an item is listed incorrectly, you may find yourself a bargain if no one finds it, but if something in the title or description has tipped them off, you may have a lot of competition and that's when it helps to know how many bids are being placed.
I still don't think a "place a bid and walk away" approach is applicable in all cases for all things. I think its important to know your market,
but the number of bidders can also teach you a lot about items you didn't know the value of.

As for placing the number of bids on the "My Snipes" page, I get the impression AS is not interested, but I thought it helpful to at least state my viewpoint so you knew where I was coming from.