Skip to main content

Reply to "Track number of bids in the Snipe Window?"

quote:
For me, its a good indicator of how much interest an item is attracting

If you have no idea what an item is worth then this interest can help in the decision process. For example, I might see a widget and imagine it's worth 10 Euros despite a starting price of 1 Euro.

If, when I look at my snipes a bit later, and see it at 9 Euros with 2 bids then I know that there is a bidding war on and can react accordingly, either cancelling (as futile!) or increasing my snipe to react to the interest shown.

If, there are no bids and the price is still 1 euro then I can rest on my laurels.

If there are 24 bids and the price is 100 Euros then maybe widgets are more expensive than I realised!

I know this goes a little bit against the "Set it and leave it" principle, but like to be involved with my snipes occasionally, still using AS's functionality but also allowing the excitement to allow me to up my snipe.

So, I say, show the number of bids - it cannot be much work for the programmers (a simple job for when they have FIXED THE SEARCHES perhaps) and might prove useful to some of us!!!