Skip to main content

Reply to "Think we can get bids on these?"

Heh, no problem, I sure don't know everything about flowers!! As a matter of fact I ask my dad for advice alot. Wink And.....I just plant and plant and plant and see what happens!
As far as the amaryllis...you did right by cutting off the stem. It will just get all slimey. It won't bloom again until next year. I'm not sure where you live, but here we put them out in the ground for the summer on the north side of the house or in mostly shade, and feed them. Then in early fall pot them up and bring them in for a rest. Just set them where it's dim and water little. Some people put them in the dark on their sides and don't water at all. About Nov or so bring them out and start to water. It should start to grow and bloom again. Mine didn't bloom this year because I forgot to put them outside and feed them good. oops! Confused The past year was all messed up with both my boys going overseas in the military. Hopefully this year I will be able to get things done better! ......well, if I get this torn biceps fixed I will. drnit!!! Frown *help I'm falling apart and I can't stop!* Wink

The best things in life are furry....and flowers!