Skip to main content

Reply to "The snipe that really didnt work correctly"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
Panther,

It’s true that one need only bid an additional increment over the current winning bid to have the bid “placed”. It’s also true that once that increment is reached, that bid need be only 1 penny higher then the second highest bidder to win. BUT, should that winning bid be MORE then 1 penny, then the bid will be increased UPTO the next increment.

If High Bid Had Been          Closing Price Would Have Been
1301.02                       1301.02
1301.03                       1301.03
1301.04	                     1301.04
1305.00                       1305.00
1326.00                       1326.00
1326.02                       1326.02
1400.00                       1326.02

If it turns out that the high bid was $1326.00, then something is screwy, but it’s screwy at ebay and not at AS. Even if AS did do something screwy, it would have been ebay’s responsibility to unscrew it.

I'm curious how this shakes out.
Well I want to ad another detail I copied and pasted my entire conversation last night with ebay chat with the rep varifying that the maximum bid was $1326 and there were those of you thinking that the rep was mistaken in the maximum amount of the winner. So I decided to contact ebay live chat again just a few moments ago and again the representative varified the maximum bid of the winner was indeed $1326. When I asked them how it was possible for the winner to win honestly and fairly even at the maximum bid of $1326 the winner would have been .02 short as the next highest bid above my max would have been $1326.02 they couldnt answer me they again referred me to Ebay Safety & Trust. I made the second contact today, because I thought many of you made a legitimate claim if the maximum bid was $1305. I also did it just in case a higher up in Ebay or AS replies and says the max bid was $1305 in an effort to make it just go away. So this is very puzzling and irritating. I could post the chat logs from both contacts.