Skip to main content

Reply to "The snipe that really didnt work correctly"

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
quote:
it most likely is a screw up in Ebay's or AS's servers and software
- aaargh - pray tell how it can be down to AS when all AS does is place your bid to your max amount?

R2
R2 I'm just looking for an answer whether it be an AS or EBay issue with the shear volume of ebay auctions I would suspect it is happening more frequently than suspected. If you agree that most likely the winning bidder placed his bid with sniping software then you have to ask where did the breakdown occur? Did AS not recognize where my bid was as it was just one second before (if the winner uses AS)? No one can answer the $3.98 amount question. Using my present high bid of $1275 why didnt he win at $1300 even? Even if you can give 'a reason' you still have to back to the fact the winning bid was placed after mine and it should have been won with a bid of $1301.03

Rick you said, "
The results of this auction would have been the same had the bids been placed manually, and placed well before the end of the auction." I don't see that the final winning amount would have been the same with a manual bid either as he would have beat me with any amount over $1301.02 which would have been a penny higher and that is one of the strange aspects of all this....