Skip to main content

Reply to "The snipe that really didnt work correctly"

quote:
Originally posted by Panther:
Just to ad another point I have in my inbox from ebay stating, Bid Confirmed. You are the high bidder! Showing my current bid as $1275 and my maximum bid of 1301.02 Of course the very next second a bid was placed greater than mine which incrementally should have taken it to $1300, but that still wouldnt be higher than my max bid of $1301.02 With my bid confirmed Ebay's system acknowledged my bid and be the high bidder and then something very wonky happened allowing the guy to win by $3.98?????, I dont mind a rational explanation, but every angle I look at this I really believe I should have won and that is really trying to be objective.

Panther, you're still thinking that the winner had to meet the min bid increment over your max bid of 1301.02. THAT'S NOT SO! The winner only had to meet the $25 min bid increment over the SHOWN bid of 1275. Dude, you gotta understand that. Sorry, I gotta run at the moment, I trust other guys in this forum can clarify further.....

Good luck. Don't worry, there's always a next time and a next item. Basically, the cardinal rule intoned here is always this: set as your max bid the absolute maximum you're actually willing to pay (and so you can bear it if another guy even wins at a penny more than that) and you'll never feel disappointed.....