Skip to main content

Reply to "The Gathering Storm"

Sometimes I think the language divide between us is wider than the Atlantic!

Mrs M, it was a tongue in cheek bit of drivel! I did say it was a fairy story and in no way am I getting at your purchase of computer safeguarding software! From one who has just bought his 141st camera (for $2 I might add) who am I to question any one else's spending habits!

If I am to speak plainly and I will now, then I do risk causing some people offence. However it is time to make a few points quite directly.

The idea behind AS is brilliant. I gather it wasn't their idea, but their variant of it is well executed and is exactly what I and millions of other users of ebay want. It frees us from our computers, allowing us to bid automatically where we formerly had to get up in the wee hours to participate in an auction ending in a far off land. As an extremely valuable side effect, it also saves us a lot of money, because we no longer participate in bidding wars

The company is well run and seems better organised and resourced than the others (if Sara B's latest posting is to be believed)

However, its very success could be its downfall.
I think it has over extended itself and like many small (hence my reference to the Garden Shed) companies finds that it cannot be all things to all people. At the moment, its achilles heel is its attitude towards its customers.

I think Region2 has hit the nail upon the head, it has become far too reliant upon its customer/ supporters to rescue its poorly performing support department. If it were not for the likes of ten or twelve of you, AS would not be where it is today. For example, they should be paying you Mrs M, for the help you give them - or at the very least allow you to snipe completely free. In monetary terms, you and the other four or five frequent question answerers are worth at least one full time support staff.

If they don't want a hostile press in these forums (and they have been taking a battering recently) then they must put their house in order.
I have no complaint, for I have never asked them a question! However, if you had all your questions closed, without the courtesy of an answer, I too would be hopping mad. That brings me to my final point, Sara B practically told that unhappy sniper to "go take a jump ..." Frankly, that is no way to gain new customers.

There, I have said what I think and I hope there is no ambiguity about it!
Last edited {1}