Skip to main content

Reply to "The Gathering Storm"

quote:
I also note that those complaining have strikingly similar writing styles.

Perhaps I am too trusting, but I have left my wallet in a phone box on three occasions and got it back each time, so yes, I do accept people at face value and believe they are honest.

I think Gary is perfectly genuine in his concerns - what is the point of raising them otherwise?

Actually what has amazed me about all this is that you all confess to having Zone Alarm! I took a look at it and it seems just another misspent $49 worth! Why are you all so worried? Is the net such a threatening place ? I get 20 hoax emails a day with virus carrying attachments (the penalty of publishing an email address on a web site) but all one does is press the delete key.

I know only too well its possible to get paranoid about anything!
eg.
You are driving along at 80 mph in heavy rain. The windscreen wiper in front of you flies off! Big trouble - agreed?

When was the last time you had the springs that hold the wiper blades in place on your windscreen checked? Answer this truthfully now!

I mean if we are going to question every poster's identity, what about this scenario to keep you going?

The reason why there was no response is that Sara B and her partner run AS from their Garden Shed and now that it has grown so popular, find it difficult to monitor what's going on, so they have asked their kind Auntie (Mrs M) to keep an eye on things for them!

(Before you reach for your solicitors Sara B or Mrs M, this is just a fairy story!)

[This message was edited by Camera Collector on March 26, 2004 at 02:23 AM.]
Last edited {1}