Skip to main content

Reply to "The Gathering Storm"

Mrs. M - you are correct. I use ZoneAlarm and don't get these warnings. I have examined my logs, and there is nothing there either.

Do we deserve an answer to this problem that a couple of users have had? Possibly, but certainly not until support has had an opportunity to investigate that there actually *IS* a problem.

I also note that those complaining have strikingly similar writing styles. I don't want to go back to that 'You're really bob, aren't you bill!' banter, but I remain a little wary.

I've also learned over the years (since 1977 - I'm definately NOT computer stupid) not to jump when someone screams fire. Lord knows how many viruses I would have installed on my computer if I followed every email warning I've gotten! I'm also not too apt to jump when I post a response asking for more information only to be ignored, and Mrs. M posts suggestions only to encounter resistance. For now I'm putting these messages in the same place I put the advertisements that keep popping up. When my computers tell me there's a problem I will research it and file with support if necessary. When other people ask for help in the forum I will give it if I feel competent to do so. If the posters of this topic want to post something more than 'AS isn't secure, run for your lives' I'll give them a little more credence.

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'