Skip to main content

Reply to "The Final Curtain"

Thanks for that Mr Tappit.

Life for us "enforcers" is always harsh ....
As we walk the mean streets, rocks & stones are often thrown!

I'll tell you why I took a "theatrical stand" I had hoped all those lost souls would peer out from the rocks where they were hiding and return. Nary a one.

In fact "bashing" the perpetrator of all this has, in my opinion, worsened the situation. On reflection, not my best tactic, but it was an honest attempt to even things up.

Newcomers entering a civil war zone (and I must say you are the exception and for that I am grateful) have generally taken one glance and left.

The old ones who contributed daily to a bright cheerful forum with harmless "chit chat" have by and large vanished never to return.

If you think I miss a "lost land" you are right.
Go back a year and see how many used to participate and how lively it was. As they say "all of life was there"

For reasons known only to Rick, what started off as good humoured banter took on a "mind games" aspect. He was amused by it, but a lot of the meeker ones were not. It then became a battle for "control" between him and Mrs M (as Serenity was then known) and you know the rest.

Obviously Rick was not going to back down from his "amusements" and I then embarked on my "sledgehammer to crack a nut" campaign.

Viewing the battlefield and the casualties, I frankly don't think it was worth it. Deep down I think Rick probably agrees.

In my honest opinion, I don't think any of those who are now lost will return. I heard tonight that Garden Gnome has also resigned, joining an ever lengthening queue.

There is no point now in trying to eject Rick, for those I was trying to encourage to remain or rejoin are now gone.

Shortly I will be off too (currently enjoying the serious and not so serious banter on the Amateur Photographer forums which I can recommend for those interested in photography) - and leave the victor to his spoils. Hopefully, he will not be as aggressive with all of you. Only time will tell.

Paul - in peaceful (& very sunny West Wales) surrounded by evidence of acute ebay addiction.