Skip to main content

Reply to "The Final Curtain"

quote:
You can't play in my forum because I don’t like you

Well, Mr Tappit, if you don't understand what this is all about, then please don't put on a public display of your ignorance. Obviously, you have a problem with both plain English & ethics and I don't intend to run a crash correspondence course in either!

I thought what has been said, not just by me, but by many members of this forum was crystal clear.

A forum is exactly that, where people can express their views frankly and fearlessly.
However, when anyone oversteps the bounds of common decency, a stand must be taken. Obviously you don't think so. I happen to think that racial & religious hatred should be barred and so should bullying and harassment.

The evidence has been laid before you - if you have a problem with that, then that is of your making. In any civilised society there are certain standards of behaviour that are expected and if they are broken, people get hurt.

quote:
So get a grip and grow up guys

I respectfully suggest that it`is you that needs "maturity time" rather than your "hormonal" kids! In any playground situation would they tolerate bullying? Of course not, and neither do I.

Frankly you can continue to express your opinions till the cows come home - that's what this forum is about - freedom of speech.

So Mr Tappit, time you understood the real world. If I want to act as "enforcer" of civilised standards, then that is my business.
Will it work? Haven't a clue - that depends on the bravery of other members to stand up and be counted.

However when your "freedom of speech" causes others distress, remember, you will hear from me, whether you want to receive my opinions or not. As you will have read in another post, I actually enjoy the role of Thermoman!

I really do suggest that you expand your education by reading:
John Stuart Mill On liberty

I think you may learn something of value.