Skip to main content

Reply to "Suggestion--win multiple auctions from same seller, or win none"

quote:
Originally posted by okl078:
I really love this website. What a great idea for an internet business!

One thing that I wish Auction Sniper would do for me, is give me the option to snipe multiple auctions from the same seller, but if I do not win all of that seller's auctions, that my snipes for the other auctions from the same seller, will automatically cancel out.

This would be an excellent improvement to this site. Maybe Auction Sniper can allow you to select a priority auction item, in a special My Snipes grouping, which will cancel out all subsequent auction snipes, for that same seller, if you lose the winning bid on that first, desired auction.

What do you think about that? How many free snipes is this idea worth?!!! LOL! Big Grin

This scheme would be difficult to create. The latter example you give is sort of like a reverse bid group, where the later snipes would be canceled if the first one did not win--the exact opposite of a regular bid group, where as soon as you win one, the other snipes are not placed. Perhaps that could work, but I wonder if there are enough AS members who desire it to justift the allocation of resources.

But what are the chances that the item you want most (or the biggest item, the one with the greatest shipping charge) is the first auction to end? What if it is the third item in a series of five auctions by the same seller? You already would have won two auctions, an eBay fact that cannot be changed by AS. You would still owe the seller for those two wins. It would seem to me that the precise scenario you describe, i.e., the first auction being the "key" auction in a series of auctions by the same seller, is an extremely limited and infrequent occurrence, and not one likely to necessitate a reverse bid group. Red Face