Skip to main content

Reply to "Suggestion - Blocking Feature"

Greetings, Robert and Bear! I am very new to this forum, and may not return often ~ but I must say I agree with what Robert says regarding snipers. I am a very active eBay seller myself, as well as a bidder, and frankly, I don't give a damn how ANYBODY bids so long as they do! My objective as a Seller is to SELL. Many times I DO check the history to see how "close" and auction was, and who was bidding, as I know many folks who collect what I'm selling. It's curiosity more than anything ~ and frankly, in my opinion, it gladdens my heart to see a bit of a battle at the end as then I know at least 2 others were interested in my item! The buying limitations of AS help me as well ~ yes, I know I can change my high bid in the program on a given item, but when I place my bid at what I consider my highest price, that's that. It I win, I win, if I don't, I don't! There's always another that will come down the pike somewhere, somehow, someday, unless it is just SO unusual I MUST have it NOW! That is extremely rare, but I've been known to place $6,000 bids on items to insure I won them, regardless of the actual value. Especially since I'm an afficiando of very early Steiff Bears ~ Pre-1920. What can I say? I'm addicted! AS has served me well, and is by FAR better than the other programs I've used, and FAR simpler.