Skip to main content

Reply to "stuff is crap"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by manctil:
i am not rude, I am just sick and tired of cheap support!!!!!!! That could care less and make excuses.

Maybe companies will start to keep there support in house and provide quality support again.[QUOTE]

Well support, development and updates cost money, for a company that makes a small percentage of each successful transaction I am happy with snipes. I always factor my total cost into my bid (snipe cost, money order cost, freight – to come to a maximum dollar bid amount so the snipes I am paying for are dollars I am reducing my offer to sellers by, so for me the seller is paying for the snipe as a part of the transaction cost) I use eBay’s search to find things and snipe it now to snipe them.

I think your expectations need to match comparisons with similar products. Comparing AS support to MS is not a valid comparison, you need to compare it to the competition and if the competition charges the same and works better then your complaint is valid and AS needs to make a market decision on what they want to do with searches.

I have been happy with most of the support answer I have received, and the ones that I thought were incorrect I let them know. Yes they have some junior people who have given incomplete or incorrect answers but they haven’t been condescending or rude to me.

EBay’s search does not always feed the same results and from the data fields it looks like AS is compiling a search and feeding to eBay’s search. I often find excluded items in the list that EBay returns.

I did a search on cat dog bird with a price between 1 and 12 and came up with 1278 items from AS, eliminating the price returned 4714,

If I don't do an advanced search on EBay it returns 60 items, duplicating the search filters returned 4714 items

Using cat dog -bird in “Search All of these words” on both sites returned the same result so it seems to honor -word as well as exclude words

You can’t have a word in the include and exclude list of your search on either site and get a result

EBay does not have the Search Any of these words feature. Quoted words work for me in the include these words feature (As per the example)

The only discrepancy I am finding is the need to add the – to words I want to exclude in AS.

I ran about 30 duplicate searches with variations and both AS and EBay returned the same answers other a few discrepancies of 1 or 2 items which may have closed between 1 search and
the other.

My only requests for searches would be to get it to work in the Mature Audiences area and I would use it.

A-

Smile